bandsaw tpi advise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BUGSY

...after reading some of the recommendations on the grizzly g0555 from this great forum i decided to buy it ....now the question...what type of brand and what tpi... tooth per inch....and set should i buy...i will be cutting pen blanks and 6/4 curly maple boards...once again thank you for ALL THE GREAT POSTS on this site.........:):):)BUGSY:):):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

loglugger

Bugsy call Suffolk Machinery Corp. 1-800-234-7297 tell them what you got and what you will be doing and they will fix you up in a good way. Just a happy customer.
Bob

Rifleman1776

Do call Suffolk. On my last order I included a 3/4"X3tpi blade for resawing. Also a 1/8" and two different 3/8"X6tpi blades. The 3/4" resaw blade hasn't been off my machine yet. I use it for all my blanks and other resawing and straight cuts. Of course, any curved work will require a different blade. But this hoss really makes short work of turning big hunks into small workable blanks. BTW, my bandsaw is a Griz G0555 also, without the riser.

Dario

Bill,

Next time, give Timberwolf blade a try. Suffolk sells them almost half the price Woodfcraft sells it for.

Suffolk also have a one time "buy 3 get 4" deal. This special is almost continuously offered (but cannot guarantee that).

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Bill,

Next time, give Timberwolf blade a try. Suffolk sells them almost half the price Woodfcraft sells it for.

Suffolk also have a one time "buy 3 get 4" deal. This special is almost continuously offered (but cannot guarantee that).

If you ask, you shall receive. [:)]

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by blodal
<br />Highland Hardware has a Wood Slicer 1/2" blade made for re-sawing. It is great, and reasonably priced. I use it on my Jet 12".

I tried thr Wood Slicer blade and really liked it. But the Timberwolf blades are IMHO equal in cutting ability and cost less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom