Bandsaw Cross-Cutting Sled with Angle Cutting Support

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Well, I've been trying to get better cuts with my bandsaw, and am now starting to make (for the moment very basic, but that will change) segmented pen blanks. The table for my Jet bandsaw is nice and large for its size, but I kept having trouble with the little red disc with the slot in it for the blade. I couldn't cut small segments without having them snap off that plate...either getting broken and shoved into the lower chamber, or fly off the table. I was also not getting perfectly strait cuts, and have mis-estimated the length of a couple wood blanks (which I normally only leave 1/16th extra length on, as they don't have the chipout potential on drilling like resins).

Anyway...this weeks project:

Bandsaw Cross Cutting Sled-1.jpg

Bandsaw Cross Cutting Sled-2.jpg

Bandsaw Cross Cutting Sled-3.jpg

Bandsaw Cross Cutting Sled-4.jpg

Bandsaw Cross Cutting Sled-5.jpg

I've got some alternative ruler tape coming. I did not realize this stuff was actual measuring tape, and thus metal, with a sticky back. So it sits off the surface of the wood by about 1/64th. I have some ruler tape along the top, which is good when measuring and cutting tube-length blank segments. But for the really small segmenting pieces that I later assemble into a whole blank, if cut those small segments with the segment to the right of the blade, against the stop block I put together, they tend to get stuck between the blade and the stop block, and get destroyed. So I put another length of ruler tape on the other side, along the bottom front edge of the rail, so that I could measure and cut thin segments on the other side of the blade. That allows very thin segments (I've cut down to 1/16th so far) to be cut without worry they will get caught by the blade. But getting the blanks aligned on that ruler is tough, since its actually got some thickness...the blanks always catch the edge of the ruler tap. :p

I ordered another kind of ruler tape that appears to be paper thin (at most), and is a double-sided ruler, it starts at 0 in the middle, and stretches out to I think 24 inches on either side (so much more than I need). I intend to put that along the front edge of the rail (I'll probably manually cut it right along the 0 line, then align that edge right at the edge of the kerf I cut into the rail). That way I should be able to easily measure blanks on either side of the blade, whatever ends up being convenient for whatever it is I am cutting.

I also added a miter and 1/4" t-track to the base, so I can slide in (as you can see in the first photo) a miter gauge. I'll probably add some kind of basic T-Track fence to that, so that I can get better support of the blanks closer to the blade. I need something that I can slide in and out, though, as depending on the angle, the distance from the rail to the blade will differ. I may also need to flip the miter track around, as right now its a bit too far from the blade...I wasn't thinking when I screwed that in, and I ended up putting the miter track farthest from the blade, when I really wanted it the other way.

This is my first shop project. Got several ideas from several different places, various people's youtube videos on their own cross-cut sleds. I was going to make this out of a single piece of plywood originally, then when I realized that a 2x4' piece of birch plywood was $50, I decided on MDF. The thick MDF was also rather expensive, and I balked at that. The thinner stuff, that I used here, though, allowed me to think of a way to allow the top layer to be swapped out with different kinds of designs. I wanted the sled to be thick enough to have some heft, so I decided to stack the two halves once I cut them down to 2x2' square. The first thought was to glue them together, then I realized that since I did not have a router, I didn't have a good way to cut into the base...for any purpose. I at least needed to be able to cut a trough for the miter and t-track that is set into the base, and eventually I thought I might have other needs that might warrant different miter and t-track configurations. So I bolted the top layer of MDF on. I can swap that out for another layer that is designed differently in the future, if I need to. I can also take off the horizontal cross-cut stop, and just use the miter gauge if I need to. I could create another cross-cut stop that is designed in a different way if I need as well.

Anyway. Was a fun build. It will definitely help when I need to create a large order of pens...cutting blanks down to size with this is a synch, and I can cut them down to very accurate measurements. Eventually, when I get into segmenting, it should help me cut the segments at exact angles & thicknesses and all that as well. I have been concerned about getting exactly the right kerfs in segmented projects, like say a celtic knot, where if your kerf isn't exactly the same thickness as your segmenting material, then when you go to cut the other angles you end up offsetting the priors...a "broken knot" in other words. I am hoping now that I have precise control over exact measurements and such, that I'll be able to cut notches of exact thickness as well. I guess I'll see in the coming weeks here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

Well, I've been trying to get better cuts with my bandsaw, and am now starting to make (for the moment very basic, but that will change) segmented pen blanks. The table for my Jet bandsaw is nice and large for its size, but I kept having trouble with the little red disc with the slot in it for the blade. I couldn't cut small segments without having them snap off that plate...either getting broken and shoved into the lower chamber, or fly off the table. I was also not getting perfectly strait cuts, and have mis-estimated the length of a couple wood blanks (which I normally only leave 1/16th extra length on, as they don't have the chipout potential on drilling like resins).

View attachment 324265

View attachment 324266

View attachment 324267

View attachment 324268

View attachment 324269

I've got some alternative ruler tape coming. I did not realize this stuff was actual measuring tape, and thus metal, with a sticky back. So it sits off the surface of the wood by about 1/64th. I have some ruler tape along the top, which is good when measuring and cutting tube-length blank segments. But for the really small segmenting pieces that I later assemble into a whole blank, if cut those small segments with the segment to the right of the blade, against the stop block I put together, they tend to get stuck between the blade and the stop block, and get destroyed. So I put another length of ruler tape on the other side, along the bottom front edge of the rail, so that I could measure and cut thin segments on the other side of the blade. That allows very thin segments (I've cut down to 1/16th so far) to be cut without worry they will get caught by the blade. But getting the blanks aligned on that ruler is tough, since its actually got some thickness...the blanks always catch the edge of the ruler tap. :p

I ordered another kind of ruler tape that appears to be paper thin (at most), and is a double-sided ruler, it starts at 0 in the middle, and stretches out to I think 24 inches on either side (so much more than I need). I intend to put that along the front edge of the rail (I'll probably manually cut it right along the 0 line, then align that edge right at the edge of the kerf I cut into the rail). That way I should be able to easily measure blanks on either side of the blade, whatever ends up being convenient for whatever it is I am cutting.

I also added a miter and 1/4" t-track to the base, so I can slide in (as you can see in the first photo) a miter gauge. I'll probably add some kind of basic T-Track fence to that, so that I can get better support of the blanks closer to the blade. I need something that I can slide in and out, though, as depending on the angle, the distance from the rail to the blade will differ. I may also need to flip the miter track around, as right now its a bit too far from the blade...I wasn't thinking when I screwed that in, and I ended up putting the miter track farthest from the blade, when I really wanted it the other way.

This is my first shop project. Got several ideas from several different places, various people's youtube videos on their own cross-cut sleds. I was going to make this out of a single piece of plywood originally, then when I realized that a 2x4' piece of birch plywood was $50, I decided on MDF. The thick MDF was also rather expensive, and I balked at that. The thinner stuff, that I used here, though, allowed me to think of a way to allow the top layer to be swapped out with different kinds of designs. I wanted the sled to be thick enough to have some heft, so I decided to stack the two halves once I cut them down to 2x2' square. The first thought was to glue them together, then I realized that since I did not have a router, I didn't have a good way to cut into the base...for any purpose. I at least needed to be able to cut a trough for the miter and t-track that is set into the base, and eventually I thought I might have other needs that might warrant different miter and t-track configurations. So I bolted the top layer of MDF on. I can swap that out for another layer that is designed differently in the future, if I need to. I can also take off the horizontal cross-cut stop, and just use the miter gauge if I need to. I could create another cross-cut stop that is designed in a different way if I need as well.

Anyway. Was a fun build. It will definitely help when I need to create a large order of pens...cutting blanks down to size with this is a synch, and I can cut them down to very accurate measurements. Eventually, when I get into segmenting, it should help me cut the segments at exact angles & thicknesses and all that as well. I have been concerned about getting exactly the right kerfs in segmented projects, like say a celtic knot, where if your kerf isn't exactly the same thickness as your segmenting material, then when you go to cut the other angles you end up offsetting the priors...a "broken knot" in other words. I am hoping now that I have precise control over exact measurements and such, that I'll be able to cut notches of exact thickness as well. I guess I'll see in the coming weeks here.
very nice work, thanks for sharing. i ll do a similar jig when santa stops joking around and brings me my bandsaw.

howsitwork

Might be worth calling in at local clothes stores or Ikea as sometimes they have paper tapes for your wife to use to check essential measurements šŸ˜‰

These are excellent at sticking to jigs etc and are quite thin. Obviously not as long lasting but free to the bored husband

leehljp

Member Liaison
With the skill you have, and if you have a router table or table saw with a dado blade (not the wobble type), you could cut a dado for the rule to sit in. That would solve the rule problem.

Excellent work!

Woodchipper

Nice. Took some time but worth it.
My Rikon bandsaw had a 5-/8 miter slot which eliminates the standard 3/4 miter slot items. Their miter is not a good quality from what I saw.

jrista

With the skill you have, and if you have a router table or table saw with a dado blade (not the wobble type), you could cut a dado for the rule to sit in. That would solve the rule problem.

Excellent work!

Thanks!

I don't have a router...YET. That is at the top of my list of tools to get, though, along with a router table. I've wanted one for months, but I have to scale back the spending a bit for a while. :p Spent too much last year. Time to try and make more stuff, sell some stuff, and see if I can pay off some of the debt first.

I can't wait to get a router, though. I have been coming up with pen box designs that I want to build, and many of them will require a router (I want to carve a rounded recess in a piece of wood for a pen to rest in, for example, then maybe line that with felt), and I know a router can do that. None of the other tools, however, could. For rounded corner boxes, or for that matter if I get into making cutting boards, a router is a key tool for doing that kind of thing. It'll be the top purchase of 2022, I think. ;)

jrista

Nice. Took some time but worth it.
My Rikon bandsaw had a 5-/8 miter slot which eliminates the standard 3/4 miter slot items. Their miter is not a good quality from what I saw.

Yeah, I learned a bunch with this project. I didn't know anything about T-Track sizes, miter track sizes, etc. Now I understand that a lot of T-Track clamps and the like are for 5/8ths track, whereas I got...I think 3/8", which supports 1/4" hex screws and such. I have some Rockler T-Track clamps that apparently require 5/8ths track though. I may be able to swap out some of the T-bolts with ones that will work with the track I have, but, it was a learning experience.

jrista

Might be worth calling in at local clothes stores or Ikea as sometimes they have paper tapes for your wife to use to check essential measurements šŸ˜‰

These are excellent at sticking to jigs etc and are quite thin. Obviously not as long lasting but free to the bored husband

I checked out a couple of local hobby stores including Joannes and Hobby Lobby. Both carry it, but neither actually had any in stock. I ended up ordering the 0-center ruler tape off of amazon. I think it'll take a week to get here, in the mean time I can make do with a little hassle to get the pens made that I need to make.

jrista

very nice work, thanks for sharing. i ll do a similar jig when santa stops joking around and brings me my bandsaw.

Haha! Yeah, I decided to pull the trigger during black friday sales. I really didn't have the money, and should have waited, but I'm too impatient. It actually finished out the primary set of tools I needed for my workshop, though, and now with this sled and the consistency of cuts it will provide, I can really get into production mode.

When you get your bandsaw, its definitely worth building one of these. Its fun to design and make them, but having that, I think its called a "zero clearance" base, basically only a slot the width of the blade that the blade fits into, is really helpful. I was having trouble with little pieces of things getting snapped down into the lower chamber, and I really didn't like that. I guess the last thing my workshop really needs, now, is a proper dust collector. I don't have adequate dust collection...right now its a jury-rigged attachment for a shop vac with a vortex, and that really doesn't cut it with a bandsaw, as I am finding out.

jttheclockman

Thanks!

I don't have a router...YET. That is at the top of my list of tools to get, though, along with a router table. I've wanted one for months, but I have to scale back the spending a bit for a while. :p Spent too much last year. Time to try and make more stuff, sell some stuff, and see if I can pay off some of the debt first.

I can't wait to get a router, though. I have been coming up with pen box designs that I want to build, and many of them will require a router (I want to carve a rounded recess in a piece of wood for a pen to rest in, for example, then maybe line that with felt), and I know a router can do that. None of the other tools, however, could. For rounded corner boxes, or for that matter if I get into making cutting boards, a router is a key tool for doing that kind of thing. It'll be the top purchase of 2022, I think. ;)
Router, I must about 15 now. Would you know it I just bought another a couple days ago. I have switched my battery operated tools over to Dewalt 20V and decided I need to try their router so I now have one. Late night shopping is a killer.šŸ™ƒ

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks!

IF you don't have one, and are looking to get one, I would suggest getting a 1/2" router. Adapters for 1/4" are usually included. A 1/2" router is so much more flexible than 1/4 inch ones. That said, I have two 1/4" trim routers. There is a place for trim routers for sure, but for overall flexibility, the 1/2 inch is the work horse, particularly if doing dados and a fair amount of shaping.

Battery powered ones - they are great as trim routers, but watch out for some, they can get quite top heavy.

jttheclockman

Haha! Yeah, I decided to pull the trigger during black friday sales. I really didn't have the money, and should have waited, but I'm too impatient. It actually finished out the primary set of tools I needed for my workshop, though, and now with this sled and the consistency of cuts it will provide, I can really get into production mode.

When you get your bandsaw, its definitely worth building one of these. Its fun to design and make them, but having that, I think its called a "zero clearance" base, basically only a slot the width of the blade that the blade fits into, is really helpful. I was having trouble with little pieces of things getting snapped down into the lower chamber, and I really didn't like that. I guess the last thing my workshop really needs, now, is a proper dust collector. I don't have adequate dust collection...right now its a jury-rigged attachment for a shop vac with a vortex, and that really doesn't cut it with a bandsaw, as I am finding out.
Many people put a playing card over the slot and works well. We did that alot on scrollsaws

jrista

Router, I must about 15 now. Would you know it I just bought another a couple days ago. I have switched my battery operated tools over to Dewalt 20V and decided I need to try their router so I now have one. Late night shopping is a killer.šŸ™ƒ
You have FIFTEEN different routers?

jttheclockman

You have FIFTEEN different routers?
Took a better count today. Actually 12. Sorry about that. I have routers designated to do certain things and it took a long time setting them up I just hated to keep changing bits. I have an old Craftsman router that has to be 45 years old at least, that is set up to put threads on my bolt clocks that I use to make. My Mom and Dad bought for me for Christmas one year. They bought my brother one also at the same time. He use to play around with home projects and used it. But one day he took off part of one of his fingers and got rid of it. They were not the best but they did a job. I have 3 Bosch Colt palm routers that I like alot. One is set up strictly for my router platform that I use on my lathe. Have made many pens using that thing.
boltclock.jpg

jrista

Took a better count today. Actually 12. Sorry about that. I have routers designated to do certain things and it took a long time setting them up I just hated to keep changing bits. I have an old Craftsman router that has to be 45 years old at least, that is set up to put threads on my bolt clocks that I use to make. My Mom and Dad bought for me for Christmas one year. They bought my brother one also at the same time. He use to play around with home projects and used it. But one day he took off part of one of his fingers and got rid of it. They were not the best but they did a job. I have 3 Bosch Colt palm routers that I like alot. One is set up strictly for my router platform that I use on my lathe. Have made many pens using that thing.
View attachment 324376
Ah, yeah...I hear you about reconfiguring tools. I have four chucks for my lathes...same deal. I hate reconfiguring them! :p

A lot of what I want to do, I think, will require a router table. In that case, I may have to change bits, but, based on what I've been seeing in YT videos, once the router is set up in the table, it doesn't look that hard to swap out bits. (It may depend on the table though...some look really advanced, with very precise positioning dials and the like...others not so much.)

leehljp

Member Liaison
Ah, yeah...I hear you about reconfiguring tools. I have four chucks for my lathes...same deal. I hate reconfiguring them! :p

A lot of what I want to do, I think, will require a router table. In that case, I may have to change bits, but, based on what I've been seeing in YT videos, once the router is set up in the table, it doesn't look that hard to swap out bits. (It may depend on the table though...some look really advanced, with very precise positioning dials and the like...others not so much.)
I made a router table when I lived overseas that had two routers in it. One for the bit that was used for a project all the way through, and the other router for changing to what ever was needed. One aspect of a router table is that the fence does not have to be in perfect alignment with the front edge or perfectly 90Ā° from the sides to work perfectly. The fence can be angled slightly over which ever bit is being used. The fence on a router works at any angle to the table as long as the fence is in the right spot in relation to the bit, quite different than using a fence on the table saw.

I did not bring my dual router table back with me so I built another one once I returned home. A Dual router table plus a portable router table sure is helpful. And similarly as John said, changing bits out is something I hate to do also.

Attachments

• DualRouters.JPG
    DualRouters.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

jttheclockman

I made a router table when I lived overseas that had two routers in it. One for the bit that was used for a project all the way through, and the other router for changing to what ever was needed. One aspect of a router table is that the fence does not have to be in perfect alignment with the front edge or perfectly 90Ā° from the sides to work perfectly. The fence can be angled slightly over which ever bit is being used. The fence on a router works at any angle to the table as long as the fence is in the right spot in relation to the bit, quite different than using a fence on the table saw.

I did not bring my dual router table back with me so I built another one once I returned home. A Dual router table plus a portable router table sure is helpful. And similarly as John said, changing bits out is something I hate to do also.
OK I have to do it Hank. Can I ask what you use the miter gauge for on a router table? The only thing I can think of is if you were using the router for tenon work. I always use tablesaw for that. Never used a miter gauge on a router table. I have a miter slot for feather boards but that is about it.

leehljp

Member Liaison
OK I have to do it Hank. Can I ask what you use the miter gauge for on a router table? The only thing I can think of is if you were using the router for tenon work. I always use tablesaw for that. Never used a miter gauge on a router table. I have a miter slot for feather boards but that is about it.
Miter gauge: When I was overseas, it was impossible to find a good coping sled over there, and I was just too lazy to make one, so I used the Miter gauge as my router table coping sled. I made several rail and stile doors while there. Coping sleds help tremendously for that, but a good precise miter gauge with no slop and a firm grip will do the same.

When using the rail and stile bits, and with that router table, I didn't have to change bits and adjust anything until I was finished.

Last edited:

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member

View attachment 324265

View attachment 324266

View attachment 324267

View attachment 324268

View attachment 324269

Jon,

I'd like to see this placed in the library.

I could just copy and paste or if you'd like you could send me a Word doc via a conversation.

jrista

Jon,

I'd like to see this placed in the library.

I could just copy and paste or if you'd like you could send me a Word doc via a conversation.
I can try to create a word document with some better descriptions of how it was designed.

For some reason, my bandsaw blade caught on something today, so it is kind of out of commission, so I probably won't be able to get any new or better photos until I get the blade replaced.

Nice job and idea Jon,
As you're probably aware any material unsupported will snap down on to the table.A finer blade will reduce that tendency a bit,and give a better cut,= cleaner join if you are joining segments directly off the saw.Your current one looks about 4 tpi?
MDF,pretty much dense cardboard,isn't very stable and tends to curl up,sealing it both sides helps.
If you put a sacrificial fence extension on the mitre device you'll get a supported cut wherever you need it.
Re router table,being able to micro adjust height of cutter from the table top,with ease is good thing.
Micro adjustments essential in any case.
Cheers

jrista

Nice job and idea Jon,
As you're probably aware any material unsupported will snap down on to the table.A finer blade will reduce that tendency a bit,and give a better cut,= cleaner join if you are joining segments directly off the saw.Your current one looks about 4 tpi?
MDF,pretty much dense cardboard,isn't very stable and tends to curl up,sealing it both sides helps.
If you put a sacrificial fence extension on the mitre device you'll get a supported cut wherever you need it.
Re router table,being able to micro adjust height of cutter from the table top,with ease is good thing.
Micro adjustments essential in any case.
Cheers

Thanks, Stuart.

The MDF is currently sealed all sides/edges with Johnson's paste wax. You can't really see it, but I put a couple of coats on, and water will bead up on the surface.

I am not sure what you mean by a sacrificial fence...could you elaborate?

The blade was a 4tpi. I just received in the mail a 10/14 tpi metal cutting blade from Blade Serpent. Was the only place I could find a high TPI blade at 116" long (not sure why, seems to be a harder to find blade length...I see 70 and 93" blades all over town, but only a couple 116" blades, and neither are what I need (or already have). I picked up the higher TPI blade, which is 3/4" wide, to cut the various trustone blocks I've ordered. Ended up finding a number of them, in styles I couldn't find anywhere else, 1.5" wide, 0.75" tall, and 6+ inches long. All for only slightly more than the individual Trustone pen blanks I've been finding. Found most of them on a knife making supply site, so they are intended to be knife scales (or cut into knife scales). Didn't want to even try to cut them with the 4tpi blade, though...tried cutting some other materials with that, and sometimes its ok, but sometimes the lower TPI count results in the blade biting and taking chunks out. Hoping the higher TPI blade will be useful for harder resins as well as the Trustone.

Thanks, Stuart.

The MDF is currently sealed all sides/edges with Johnson's paste wax. You can't really see it, but I put a couple of coats on, and water will bead up on the surface.

I am not sure what you mean by a sacrificial fence...could you elaborate?

The blade was a 4tpi. I just received in the mail a 10/14 tpi metal cutting blade from Blade Serpent. Was the only place I could find a high TPI blade at 116" long (not sure why, seems to be a harder to find blade length...I see 70 and 93" blades all over town, but only a couple 116" blades, and neither are what I need (or already have). I picked up the higher TPI blade, which is 3/4" wide, to cut the various trustone blocks I've ordered. Ended up finding a number of them, in styles I couldn't find anywhere else, 1.5" wide, 0.75" tall, and 6+ inches long. All for only slightly more than the individual Trustone pen blanks I've been finding. Found most of them on a knife making supply site, so they are intended to be knife scales (or cut into knife scales). Didn't want to even try to cut them with the 4tpi blade, though...tried cutting some other materials with that, and sometimes its ok, but sometimes the lower TPI count results in the blade biting and taking chunks out. Hoping the higher TPI blade will be useful for harder resins as well as the Trustone.
Hi Jon,
If I remember correctly your mitre gauge was too far back from the blade to give the support you needed for cutting small lengths in particular.
It looks like there's the facility to add an additional wooden fence to it which would give you the support at the cutting point,and it could be zero clearance at that point and if wide enough would fully support both parts being cut if that was desired.
You might just be able to use a high strength double sided tape to attach.It looked like there were holes to screw on a sacrificial wood fence?
The metal cutting blades may be too fine and not cut so well in wood,the teeth could be inclined to clog as they are designed to clear hard material.I guess you'll find out.
You should be able to find someone who makes custom length bandsaw blades...to any length and in a fine tooth for wood,8-12 tpi or thereabouts

jrista

Hi Jon,
If I remember correctly your mitre gauge was too far back from the blade to give the support you needed for cutting small lengths in particular.
It looks like there's the facility to add an additional wooden fence to it which would give you the support at the cutting point,and it could be zero clearance at that point and if wide enough would fully support both parts being cut if that was desired.
You might just be able to use a high strength double sided tape to attach.It looked like there were holes to screw on a sacrificial wood fence?
The metal cutting blades may be too fine and not cut so well in wood,the teeth could be inclined to clog as they are designed to clear hard material.I guess you'll find out.
You should be able to find someone who makes custom length bandsaw blades...to any length and in a fine tooth for wood,8-12 tpi or thereabouts
Yeah, the miter slot was installed backwards. It was a dual-slot part, with a T-slot and the miter slot. I ended up installing it so the miter slot was farther from the blade, while the T-slot was closer. I pulled it out and flipped it around, which helped. I will probably still need to attach sacrificial fences for actual work, though, as if I'm cutting at an angle, I would never be able to get the edge of the fence real close to the blade anyway.

I did find some 8tpi blades at Blade Serpent. I think that is what they do, make blades of any kind/size. If an 8tpi will work for wood, I might try that. Mostly, though, I think the 10/14 tpi blade is going to be for harder materials...inlace, trustone, etc.

Yeah, the miter slot was installed backwards. It was a dual-slot part, with a T-slot and the miter slot. I ended up installing it so the miter slot was farther from the blade, while the T-slot was closer. I pulled it out and flipped it around, which helped. I will probably still need to attach sacrificial fences for actual work, though, as if I'm cutting at an angle, I would never be able to get the edge of the fence real close to the blade anyway.

I did find some 8tpi blades at Blade Serpent. I think that is what they do, make blades of any kind/size. If an 8tpi will work for wood, I might try that. Mostly, though, I think the 10/14 tpi blade is going to be for harder materials...inlace, trustone, etc.
8 tpi will give a point every 1/8" so you could go finer if desired. The tooth shape is different for metal cutting blades but they may work for wood,I'd still expect they may clog with more resinous wood.Interested to know how that goes.Outside my experience.
I know hacksaw blades don't cut wood too well at all.

Top Bottom