Ball Bat Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All;
Need help with a coustmer, Need to know what type of pen can be made like a ball bat.I know thegenral shape,but what size tube and what pen kitas it has to be one piece blank.Any help will sure be appriseated.
Just Charlie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penbuilder

White Ash is the type of wood most MLB bats are made from at least the Louisville Sluggers. You can make the bat pen with a regular slimline kit just dont use the centerband and leave one of the ends a little longer or just use european size tubes. If you turn it correctly (like some of the "freedom pens" on this site)and assemble it so the grain matches the seam will be mostly invisable. I have made a few this way, wish I took pictures before I delivered them. If it would be helpfull I could draw a picture, scan it and send it to you.

Good Luck!

timdaleiden

Charlie,

Craft supply UK has a kit for such a pen. http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/ Just go to the site, and do a search for Bat Pen. They are 8.95 pounds for 5 kits. I have no idea how much that is in US Dollars. There are other ways to do it, but this may be the easiest. I think one of the Pen Guild's members has made some non kit Bat pens. There may even be a tutorial in the Yahoo Files somewhere.

William Young

Charlie;
I was looking at the picture of bat pens on that site . They look nice .. but...
I also did a conversion from Canadian dollars to United Kingdom Pounds.
8.95 pounds equals $21.95 Canadian currency.
Ouch.. plus shipping ?
W.Y.
ib441d.jpg

fhinde

Charlie,

I have a couple of the UK kits on hand. The tubes are smaller then 7mm so I had to make my own mandrel. The first ones I turned I just made a hardwood wood plug for the ends of the tube and turned it between centers using calipers to measure the finished size. I bought my kits in a bulk buy from a friend getting out of the pen making hobby. The pen refills are very poor quality and the refill tips are MUCH smaller then the standard sizes. I had to drill out the kit nibs to except the replacement refills (old ones had dried out). All that being said, what is your address and I will mail you a kit, I have 3 or 4 left over. Here are 2 I made a few weeks back for a friend made from blackgum.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
2004715125119_Black%20Gum%20Ball%20Bats.jpg
<br /> 12.9&nbsp;KB

Hi Fhinde,
Please send me a e-mail with what you want for the kit. Also put your address in and I will send for the kit. sorry but not a good idea to put my address on the form. Thank you for the offer.
just Charlie
Ka8evs@adelphia.net

fhinde

Originally posted by Charlie in Garfield
<br />
Hi Fhinde,
Please send me a e-mail with what you want for the kit. Thank you for the offer.
just Charlie
Ka8evs@adelphia.net

Charlie, I have sent you the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom