Back in the saddle again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

Hello fellow members, I am back, the last time I was on here I was trying to help a former member's wife get rid of his pen turning supplies and she did. Life has been tough for the past year. My mom had a heart attack on mother's day of last year and I was staying with her during the week days, as she could not be left alone. So I have not been in the shop for over a year. Just about gave up on making pens which was what got me started in woodturning. I was recently invited to participate in a small craft show and are considering doing g it. I got away from making pens to turn other things such as bowls and boxes, basically anything that don't require kits. I'm looking for a good price on Sierra style pen kits. I only have 5 weeks to get prepared. Any info would be appreciated. I have been a member on here back and forth since 2009.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Good to see you back, Keith. Some suppliers (like Exotic Blanks for one) offer good mix-n-match discounts if you buy 10, 20, or more kits at a time. You can order mostly cheaper platings like chrome, gold, or gun metal kits & get a good discount on a few higher quality platings if that kind of mix will work for you.

jttheclockman

Welcome back Keith. Ah you do not need any advise. You have been doing this for a long time. It is like riding a bike. Good luck with show.

Top Bottom