Axis Antler and PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Deere41h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere41h

Here is a couple of pens fresh off the lathe. The first is Axis Antler and the second is my first attempt at casting PR. Still struggling with a new camera to get better photos.

2005513151624_AxisAntlerA.jpg

2005513151713_PR1A.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fleabit

Nice pens! The axis antler is some nice stuff. Your formula on your casting looks pretty good to me. Nice job on both and I too like the extra touch of the bands.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
John,

The bottom pen looks like a slimline kit-excellent job of making a much "higher end" look. (THAT is your $50 slimline, with picguard, etc), great pen, great profit potential!!

Deere41h

Thanks for all of the nice comments.

Ed...It is not a slim line kit per say. Euro tubes with chrome hardware.

Michael and Sam...All of the bands are PickGuard with the center being a double layer. Cut three tenons; one on the tip end and the other two on the clip end, so there is no loose center band.

Daniel

John,
I really like the antler, photo and all. you did a great job withe resin casting. that photo has some of the really hard issues to figure out and fix. But you have come a long way if you are in that ball park with your pictures. two suggestions. one djust your lights to soften the shadow under the pen. you want some shadow to indicate top from bottom but very soft not hardly noticed shadow. the second is that the figure of the blank is ard to see. this is bad considering it is one thing everyone is straining to see. My guess is the background throwing off the exposure. to fast to let the detail of the darker blank get recorded.

Deere41h

Originally posted by Daniel
<br />John,
I really like the antler, photo and all. you did a great job withe resin casting. that photo has some of the really hard issues to figure out and fix.

Daniel....Thanks for the nice comments and the photo suggestions. I just purchased a new camera and I am still learning how to us it. Your light suggestion is very helpful. I need to invest in a better lighting system to achieve the best effects.

its_virgil

John,
The pens look great. Isn't PR casting fun...the possibilities are endless. You pictures look good also. What is your new camera?

I've actually seen John's pens in person and they look look as good in real life as they do in the pictures. I'm getting a spindlemaster in Provo...used John's once and loved it.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Deere41h

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />John,
The pens look great. Isn't PR casting fun...the possibilities are endless. You pictures look good also. What is your new camera?

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Don...I bought a Kodak DX7630 with 6.1 MP. It's all I could afford now but think it is going to work out OK. Thanks for the nice comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom