Australian Apricot tree pen blanks sale #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

robutacion

OK Folks, here they are, the second sale for IAP...!

These are all of what will be offered in here, any more will be available through my eBay store (address on signature)

Bottle stoppers available at the moment, are all advertised in here...!

For those that haven't seen the introduction of this wood, you can see it here, and for those that didn't see/ participate on Apricot sale #1, you find it here

Full blanks are grouped in lots of 8 blanks, to fit in a 500gr postal box.
Shorts numbers/blanks will depend of size, all groups are weighted to fit individually in a 500gr box. No blank is under 2.5"

Pens blanks and bottle stoppers can be shipped together, using a medium size box, price of the empty box is the same.

We have here 3 different groups, full size pen blanks @ 21mm square x 130mm long, cut in diagonal (Z), straight cut and crotch wood.

All blanks were lightly waxed for protection and colour enhancement...!

Shipping costs to the US and Canada are; (other locations, please request quote/price.)

*- 500gr Regular air-mail AU$18.00 (postal box included)

*- 750gr Regular air-mail AU$25.50 + $9.00 US Customs sub-charge (USA, only)

*- 1kg Regular air-mail AU$32.25 + $9.00 US Customs sub-charge (USA, only)

*- 1.5kg Regular air- mail AU$45.75 + $9.00 US Customs sub-charge (USA, only)

*- 2kg Regular air-mail AU$59.25 + $9.00 US Customs sub-charge (USA, only)

Paypal only, accepted...!

Please, make your order here, (PM's will not count), so that everyone else can see what is still available.

After you make your order, I will send you a PM with the payment details.

As usual, 10% of the blanks sales, will be donated to IAP.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

*-Crotch wood x 8 @ AU$2.50 each = AU$20.00 (GROUP-1)

*-Crotch wood x 8 @ AU$2.50 each = AU$20.00 (GROUP-2)

*-Crotch wood x 8 @ AU$2.50 each = AU$20.00 (GROUP-3)

*-Crotch wood x 8 @ AU$2.50 each = AU$20.00 (GROUP-4)

*-Crotch wood x 8 @ AU$2.50 each = AU$20.00 (GROUP-5)

*-Straight cut x 8 @ AU$2.00 each = AU$16.00 (GROUP-6)

*-Straight cut x 8 @ AU$2.00 each = AU$16.00 (GROUP-7)

*-Straight cut x 8 @ AU$2.00 each = AU$16.00 (GROUP-8)

*-Straight cut x 8 @ AU$2.00 each = AU$16.00 (GROUP-9)

*-Diagonal x 8 @ AU$2.50 each = AU$20.00 (GROUP-10)

*-Diagonal x 8 @ AU$2.50 each = AU$20.00 (GROUP-11)

*-Diagonal x 8 @ AU$2.50 each = AU$20.00 (GROUP-12)

*-Diagonal x 8 @ AU$2.50 each = AU$20.00 (GROUP-13)

*-Shorts x 500gr= AU$18.00 (GROUP-14)

*-Shorts x 500gr= AU$18.00 (GROUP-15)

*-Shorts x 500gr= AU$18.00 (GROUP-16)

*-Shorts x 500gr= AU$18.00 (GROUP-17)

*-Shorts x 500gr= AU$18.00 (GROUP-18)

*- Apricot bottle stoppers blanks 1.5" square x 2.5" long @ AU$3.00 each
Please provide the number(s) of the one(s) you want...!

ATTENTION:
Sale ends at the last day of August 2011.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi everyone,

writeitdown and Gezawa gentleman, your blanks where posted yesterday 2-8-11, thank you...!

I can see that, not a lot of interest in this lot of Apricot blanks so far, not exactly sure the reasons but, I need to know if my decision to make the double the size of the packs fro 4 to 8, is a problem...!

My reasons were that, 70% of those that purchase blanks from the first sale, did indeed buy 2 or more packs so I've though that making the packs a 500gr option would be OK...!

Approximately, half of what I have cut is on sale here, the other half will be on my eBay store very soon, there was no "picking" of blanks for either lot, they were all put in a box and retrieved for making the packs, as they were stacked in the box so, IAP and eBay lots are no different...!

From those I kept from the first lot and some that I put a side from this second lot, there some blanks that are totally and absolutely above all the rest, these I call *gems* but most of you are more familiar with the true "exhibition" grade term.

Those are the blanks that don't seem to belong to any of the various packs cut styles I made from this wood, they belong in fact with some more of their own twin brothers and sisters, and as a different category all together. If I decide to sell any of those, they will be @ AU$4.00 each.

I may, and I may not (depends) sell some of those in here, using the single blank identification system and make your selection type thing. This is something that I will not do with less expensive blanks but I will, for the very rare stuff, as they are very limit in availability.

The grade of the blanks I have on sale-2 are no different than those of sale-1, apart from the fact that no 2 blanks are ever the same and one half of the tree doesn't always produce the exact same wood as the other half.

This sale will continue as planned, right to the 31-8-11, and a possible sale of the "exhibition" grade blanks, will depend of the interest I will receive, and how the sale of what is advertised, performs...!:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hi peoples,

While will be a little too soon for the box that went to the US, to have arrived, I wonder if any of those members that purchased the Apricot blanks from the previous sales, have yet use any of the blanks on pens, I would certainly would like to see some done with them...!

I'm also a little surprised that, blanks from this sale #2 are not selling, considering the interest shown when I mention that I was going to have more, however, our USA friends are having a bit of a rough time with the financial status of the country, that may scare people away from buying non-essential items, unless one does make pens for a living.

I only can hope that the situation stabilizes rather sooner than later...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

This add is going to close very soon...!

Hi Folks,

I see no point in keeping this add open right to the end of this month, as no sales were made since the add opening day so, I will give 24 hours for anyone interested to make the purchase, the thread will be closed after that and the non-sold blanks removed for sale on my eBay store...!

Thank you...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Closing this add...!

I'd like group 5 please! pm to follow w/ shipping info.

--Dave

Thanks Dave, group 5 is confirmed as sold to you...!:wink:

PM with Payment information done and sent.

Just in time, as this add is going to be closed tonight, as advised...!

Please, don't forget to let me know by PM when the blanks arrive to you.

Thank you also to everyone that purchased some of these blanks, hope to see those nice pens made and shown to all of us, in a near future.

PS: I nearly forgot to provide the calculations of the 10% of the wood sales, given as a donation to IAP as advised, so here it goes;

Total amount of wood sales=AU$100.00 x 10% = AU$10.00 this the donation total to be sent immediately...!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<THIS ADD IS NOW CLOSED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom