Asking for prayers -update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

Did you read about the crazy guy that opened fire in Seattle in some sort of Jewish center? He killed one I think and injured six. One of the six was one of my favorite ex-students, 23-year-old Layla Bush. She recently moved to Seattle with her boyfriend and just had started volunteering at the center. Layla was hit twice, once through the shoulder and once in her stomach. The bullet in the stomach has lodged in her lower spine. According to a conversation between her mother and my principal on the phone this afternoon she has about a 50/50 chance of surviving. They hoped to do some surgery this afternoon to relieve pressure on her spinal cord.

Please keep her in your prayers. She is lovely bright young lady that should be just starting her adult life beyond college instead of fighting for her life due to some crazy guy with a gun.

7/31 9:00 AM - just got a report from Layla's mom who is with her out in Seattle. They could not remove the bullet at this point but they did some other repairs. They have upgraded her to "very serious" and are more optomistic, but very worried about infections.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom