asking for a little prayer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

Not sure if many remember the episodes our baby was having earlier this year. They thought it was acid reflux. This AM Sean had a "moderate" seizure, the seizure lasted only a few minutes with him not breathing (it seemed). He was "out of it" for another 20-30 min. Then he seemed fine so we took him to the pediatrition. She wants him addmitted to a hospital now for observation and to get in with a pediatric neurologist.
I am now at home waiting for the hospital to call me and tell me to come in with him. I am not sure how long they want him in there.

I will try to update more later.

Thanks
Tom, Kelly & Sean

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Tom,
Done. I can appreciate how scary that must have been. Not that it's to the same scale as your experience, but we had an episode last night in which our four month old choked on some post nasal drip from an unnoticed, developing cold and stopped breathing for about 30 seconds. He was fine a few minutes afterward, and although he had a difficult night last night with all the mucus still in his system, he was smiley (though his nose was pretty runny) this morning. Hopefully Sean's problem was simply a manifestation of the emotional effects from having been through such an ordeal, and I hope he (and you) never has to go through it again.

Best of luck, and please let us know how it goes. Give him a hug for us!

PenWorks

I met that cute little guy last year, he and your family will be in our prayers.

My frineds daughter recieved a pace maker and she was only a year old !
She is doing fantastic, I am amazed at medicine......sometimes.

BigRob777

Tom,
I'm glad I found this. I'll be praying when I post this and later, my wife and I will pray together ("one can fight a thousand, but two can fight ten thousand").

Jesus delights in healing his loved-ones!
Rob

bonefish

I said a prayer for your child. There is nothing more devastating that a sick child. I know, and I have been through it I have two grown sons and five grand childen.

Keep us posted. If you need more prayers, I'm sure they are available.

Robert

jssmith3

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Being a mother and a nurse I have seen many wonderful things happen out of prayer. Hang in there.
Janet

airrat

Thanks all, Sean is doing well. He is actually the hit with all the nurses. They love his deep blue eyes. It was an uneventful night. They just observed him and checked all his vitals. We are waiting for the neuroligist and staff to come in this AM. They are going to do an EEG and MRI for sure. Anything else is up to the Neuro.

They told us to plan a couple days here, so I will update as we find out more.

IF anyone has ever looked for something to volunteer for. The Ronald McDonald house has a room in the Ped section, they have volunteers come in and run it. They have showers, food, washer/dryer, computer, ect.... I have volunteered for them before through Southwest Airlines (big supporter for R. McD house) I am glad I have and plan on doing it again.

Thanks again will update soon.
Tom, Kelly & Sean

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the update, it sounds as good as could be hoped for at this stage.

Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Paco

Tom,
My prayers are with you and your family. The Ronald McDonald house is a wonderful help. My wife used it extensively several years ago after our daughter was involved in a traffic addicent.

Best wishes for you and your child.

airrat

Still waiting for test to be done. Saw the Neurologist, didnt say much, wants test done. They just brought in a young girl that was involved in a car accident (we think). Sean's problems do not look as bad now. [:(]

dubdrvrkev

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Seizures can be frustrating because sometimes they can't find anything wrong or what caused them. Often it is a certain type of sodium deficiency. I had 2 seizures as a teenager and still take meds to prevent it.
Keep us posted.

splinter99

you have our prayers Tom..My daughter had a seizure when she was two..spent several days in the hospital, they never found anything, she is 15 now,but I know how horrifing it is..

Sincerly
Harold

EdwinSSIV

Tom,
My prayers are with Sean and your family. My daughter had 5 grand maul seizures in one day exactly 15 minutes apart when she was two years old. She and I were shopping when she had her first one and I was never so scared in my life! The doctors never found a reason for them. They put her on meds and she never had another one since. They took her off the meds when she was 10...she is now turning 21 this year and has never had another seizure since.

Nolan

Best to you and your whole family. Takes me back to when my daughter was born. (20/pregnant wife with cancer/Stanford Medical Center.) The hospital and staff can really help in such scary times. Best wishes from my family to yours.
Nolan

airrat

They released us today. Still have to do the MRI but they decided to do that as out patient. They have not come up with any conclusions other then it might not have been a seizure.

When we were leaving the hospital I walked by a little fountain. Sean gave it a big smile. I walked back to it and he looked at it and started laughing so loud that people were coming up to see. Brought a tear to mommies eyes. (ok ok Daddy too)

Thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom