Article Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

On the article contest we will need to include the articles submitted recently. Jeff will need to help on this contest, to point us to the articles that are eligible.

Jeff, is there anything we can do to help with this?

Scott.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I just found Randy's list... which is really nice in that it has the dates of the submissions.

What I can do is put the names and hyperlinks to the relevant articles in the nomination posting...but I don't know about the videos...if we don't know when they've been submitted, it might be necessary (desirable?) to limit the contest to written articles only.

Any preferences on number of articles to be considered? As there are only 15 or less, I'd probably say that any that are submitted for consideration by the forum would be allowed, but I'm open to suggestions!

Andrew

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
It's going to be very difficult to pinpoint the dates on the videos. I moved them from one server to another about 8 months ago so the original upload date would be lost. I guess my suggestion would be to use articles only.

As Andrew points out, Randy's new index has the dates.

I'm still waiting for one article from Anthony to come back from editing by Gary Greenberg and I'd really like to include it if possible. I also have an article from Scott on writing articles which I will post shortly.

Thanks all!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
OK, I've written a draft of the first part of the contest...can someone proof read it and see if there are any things I need to change?

Best New Article Contest â€" Nominations!

The object of this contest is to decide, through a process of nominations and voting, which is the best article of 2007. Hopefully, this will bring some attention to the new and interesting articles that have been added to our library in the past year, and encourage some of you to get started on your articles for next year!

The rules are quite simple. Have a scan through the library, and find your favourite article that’s dated 2007. Randy’s new and improved library index can be found at:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31215

Nominate your favourite article by posting on this thread with the name of the article and the name of the author. Nominations will be accepted starting now, until January 9th at 6PM, forum time. At that point, I will create a new post with the names of the articles that were nominated, and we will vote on the best article of 2007!

Rules:
1) This article must be from 2007
2) The article must reside in the IAP library
3) You can only nominate one article (and it can’t be your own!)

Please read the articles carefully, and choose your favourite. The criteria for ‘best’ are up to you â€" most innovative, best written, most informative â€" so read carefully, and choose wisely!

Scott

Jeff, I also have another article from Anthony. I will finish the editing on it today and get it to you. And where that article of mine isn't final yet, I could take a couple of pictures and send them on to you today.

Scott.

Top Bottom