Are You Having Fun?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Are you having fun? I know I am! The Ugly Pen Contest was great this year! We had good participation, and a lot of good comments. It was a blast! I hope you all are having as much fun as I am!

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

I'm having fun but I'm a little disappointed about the voting for the best article contest. Does anyone know how many votes there was in years past?

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I searched last year's forum for the birthday bash, and found this posting that I made:

Has anyone else had the problem of few people voting/participating in their contests?

I'm up to 30-something votes in mine - I had expected hundreds, considering the 4000+ members here!

So last year, there were about 30 votes...Wudnhed said the same thing about hers...

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I don't know, Al - If we do that, we might get even less participation - at least this way there's something for everyone...but then again, it's a heck of a lot of work, and there certainly isn't a high proportion of people participating.

It is quite discouraging how little participation there is, and how we have to essentially browbeat people to enter everything but the trivia contests...On the plus side, if we streamline our contests next year, I only have to get about half as many prizes!

fiferb

I tend to agree that there is a lot going on. So much so that I've not looked at all the contests and read the posts. I'm going back now and reading some stuff that I've missed. Just too much to keep up with.

Scott

With a perspective on the past . . .

Every year, about this time, we start thinking that next year it would be nice to limit the number of contests . . .

And every year we do more! I can't say it's bad to do more, but we have about reached the point of diminishing returns. As long as it remains fun, and we are able to drum up some donations for Jeff, it is all good.

I'm still having fun! ;-)

Scott.

Top Bottom