Anyone interested?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

I was visiting my in-laws this weekend and learned that their local parish church which is being renovated (new roof) got flooded damaging all the ceiling tiles, pews, paints, carpets and wood flatforms.

We were told by the parish priest that the contractor's insurance will cover the damage. They are planning on upgrading though so whatever they will collect will not be sufficient.

I am wondering, IN CASE insurance won't get the pews which are made of solid oak (some warped a bit), will anyone be willing to buy pieces for pen blanks? All proceeds will go to the church building fund of course.

I volunteered to make a few pens out of it for them (to sell or auction) but just thinking of other ways to help also.

By the way, the catholic church is in Edinburg, Texas and the oak pews are rather old but well maintained.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rgundersen

Not sure where Edinburg is relative to Houston at the moment but I would be willing to help on the salvage process, and probably buy a few blanks also.

Depending on the condition and quantity may even be able to do some flatwork type of items that could be reused at the church.

Dario

Robert,

Edinburg is about 10 miles to the border of Mexico if you take 281 south.

It is about 235 miles from my house (NE San Antonio). I GOOGLE mapped it and it says 337 miles from Houston to Edinburg.

I realy hope we can get some of the pews...most look perfect especially the upper parts. I recon the damage are mostly on the legs that got soaked in water. I actually was surprised that the adjuster decide that they will need to be replaced. They will be great for flat work.

I will probably know more this weekend.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom