Anybody ever seen purpleheart like this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Angela,

I have some like that. Really think that Dario is correct though as far as the photography is concerned. I have some that is very dark in some spots and more to brown in others. It will change when it is turned anyway. The goal is to get it to change back.

Fangar

gerryr

Angela, I would bet almost any amount of money that this is either a bad photo or it's been doctored. The entire photo has a blue tinge to it.

wood-of-1kind

Angela,

this is what my purpleheart blanks look like. They are NOT colour corrected and simply cropped to size.

-Peter-[:)]

200658213651_MVC-001F.jpg
<br />

M

Mudder

I have a board of Purpleheart that looks close to that color in the auction but I think he's using an image manipulation program to change the colors a bit.

&lt;edit in&gt; Take a close look at his background, looks awfully blue to me [8D]

alamocdc

Angela, I also believe that he's using color manipulation, but I have some PH that looks close to that. I also have quite a bit of Padauk in various sizes and none of it looks as bland as his.

ilikewood

Angela,
If your looking for a deep purple like that picture, try Camatillo. Hut has some and it is more of that color, but it is striped and not a continous purple like purpleheart.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Just a gentle reminder...before we accuse this guy of manipulating his color, he may simply be a lousy photographer like me, who doesn't understand all of the lighting stuff and is color blind, therefore not seeing things like others do. He does have a 100% satisfaction rating. [8D] I've never seen purpleheart like this either. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom