any upcoming group buys?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I did some searching, and called four places about the possibility of a group purchase, without a lot of luck. The best price I could find comes out to $86.88 per chuck, if bought in multiples of 8. One place I contacted, who was a very nice, knowledgeable , helpful dealer said he couldn't go no less than $99 per chuck, but would be willing to add a free nova chuck spur center ( I think about $15 item) to each chuck package. So, to answer your question Monty, no, I don't know of a place to get a super deal on a group buy, but I sure wish I did.
The chuck I specifically was inquiring about was the Nova G3 reversible chuck, the one with the 1X8 threads already in the chuck, and a set screw to lock it on any lathe to make it useful for lathes with the ability to run in reverse. Currently this chuck is listed on Woodcrafts site for $148.74 , which is rather high in my opinion, and Rockler has it currently at $119.99. The other g3 that was just on sale was the chuck, without the threaded insert, so by the time you add the price if the threaded insert, your up to the cost of the one with the threads in it. For me, I prefer the chuck to have the 1X8 threads in it. I have a super-nova chuck currently, but its got a 1X12 tpi insert in it that I use on my other lathe.
So, if ANYONE knows of a place to get a good price, chime in please, before I order one myself , the best I've found for individual purchase is $99 delivered.

Top Bottom