Any Idea's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UKpenmaker

My first cast was a total failure.[xx(][B)]
So i put another in the pot, it should have been black with red swirls, but the red swirls seemed to have turned into a red mist (like me[:p])

2007102615573_Resin.jpg

The blank doesn't show up the red like in the picture, it have brightened it up to show the pattern effect.

Still all is not a loss i did not get any air bubbles at all:D, it set[:p] and you can't see the tube. The blank has not been finished fully either.

Any casting Guru's any ideas what may have happened.
Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UKpenmaker

Hi Scott, that is how i did the pour by drizzling in the red swirl and gently moved it around with a piece of wire. The red looks OK on the outsides of the blank, but not the middle.
Should i have waited until it started to gel before added the swirl mix[?]. I did it all at once as it sems to take an age for the resin to start to gel.:(

neon007

It looks to me that you mixed it to much after combining. When i do a pour like that I pour one color. Then add the other slowly. Finally I give 3 swipes with a stir stick. I go from the bottom to the top 3 times and STOP!!! You can stir more but the more you mix the more the colors combine so instead of swirls you get another color. It will not look done because the top will still be one color but trust me it is ok. One more important thing when doing these type of pours is to be sure that the resin is the same viscosity or consistancy other wise the heavier and thicker of the two will sink to the bottom. Thats if you use powdered pearl and color. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom