Antler and sweet gum and a multi-purpose 1911 grip/pen stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skeels

Skeels

The sweet gum ball pen (right) has a few firsts for me... First cigar turned, first time turning alumilite and first time casting anything. My 5y/o son picked the color. We made a mold, mixed the alumilite and tossed it in the pot. I miss read and used alumilite water clear, which I found I don't like, and ended up having to bake it after we pulled it from the mold. All in all it turned out pretty nice I think. The antler is a dog chew toy (paid way too much but was a replacment pen for a customer). I REALLY like turning the elk antler from a piece way too big for the pen. Yea there's a lot of waste and yea the hard part of the antler looks good... But I LOVE what's under it all. All random and beautiful color. Was trying to find something to stand them up on an just happened to look on the counter... There lied a pair of walnut burl 1911 grips I made a few years ago... Hey, it worked and gave me an idea on what I am use some nice ebony I've had laying around for years for lol.

Also for those that commented on my last cigar. I just so happened to look at my camera and there's a huge pit from an amber that stuck in it while I was at work. I have so many of these pits on my screen so I turn the phone on it's face while I weld... Now my cameras jacked up... So that may be th distortion in my pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 152
Top Bottom