Another Skippy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aquarian

Hi Just joined,

Found the site by accident, what a stroke of luck for me. There is just so much to learn from all the information posted here. Everyone seems keen to share thier knowledge and experiences with novices.

I have turned a few pens so far some ok some Hmmmm.

My business (Drilling through out Australia), has allowed me to collect a wide variety of woods, cones,pods, nuts etc. Now all I have to do is learn to turn them!!!!!.

I spend my nights reading all the articles in the site library.

Once again a fantastic site guys great work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Welcome from Texas. I know you are glad you found us and we are just as glad you have joined our group. We do have an excellent collection of articles in the library and as you say, "We are keen" on helping with penturning and pen making issues.So, when you have a question just ask and you will get answers.

We also have several members from Down Under. Maybe some are close to you or you can visit with them as you travel across your great country.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

robutacion

Welcome Aquarian,

You already had a few G'days so, here is another one from me...!:biggrin:

Most certainly your job will give all the opportunities most of us only dream of, when it comes to gathering woods from everywhere and I know that some of the places you folks go, ain't many white man allowed to so, make sure you take every opportunity you can, even if some of the small trees or shrubs don't look anything special. You will get some surprises when you cut the wood out...!:eek:

Another good thing is that, those drilling rig/trucks have plenty of good spaces/places to put the logs in, coming home, no one will know they're there, huh...???:wink:

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Aquarian

Thanks to everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome to eveyone that left a comment,

I will try and get a couple of pics up soon and if anyone wants banksia pods etc just let me know.

Regards

Steve

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Welcome to the madhouse Steven!!!!:biggrin:

As an Ozzie, you must know the REAL Skippy:biggrin: I used to love that program when I was a kid.

Sing along......:tongue:

'Skippy, Skippy.....Skippy the Bush Kangeroo'

'Click, click'
'Wot's that Skip?'
'Click, click'
'Oh no!!! Bruce is stuck down the old mine shaft?'
'Click, click'
'Oh no!!!! And there's are a bunch of rabid dingos trying to attack him too?'
'Click, click'
'Right Skippy, we'll take the chopper and meet you there!!!'

The Ranger would then fly at 100mph for a few hours but good old Skippy ALWAYS got there first!!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom