Another set of Wedding pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I have another granddaughter getting married next month. So as with the other granddaughter, I offered to make pens for them to sign their certificate with.
She indicated she wanted Black pens. Easy enough! I picked out the Chrome Barons from Beartoothwoods, which have the thin black band at the center band, and black disc on the finial, posting threads on the end of the lower barrel. Then asked our friend Mike Drake (mrducks) to cast some blanks for me. I was very happy with the Alumilite blanks he cast for me. Thanks Mike!

So, here they are! Apologies for the huge photos. I need to learn how to down size them.
DSCF0334.JPG
DSCF0335.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Quite Nice! Yes, I am biased. Chuck wins MY favorite pens for this week. 😊

I have found with Black using a combination of liquid based pigment and carbon black does best at achieving an absolute black. NOTE: carbon black is much more finicky to get properly mixed in the resin than mica based pigments so be aware if you give it a shot.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Quite Nice! Yes, I am biased. Chuck wins MY favorite pens for this week. 😊

I have found with Black using a combination of liquid based pigment and carbon black does best at achieving an absolute black. NOTE: carbon black is much more finicky to get properly mixed in the resin than mica based pigments so be aware if you give it a shot.
Thanks again Mike! Some very valuable information there. Your quest for absolute blank was achieved.

jttheclockman

I think the photo size is fine. Seen alot worse here. Pens look great. You can never go wrong with black and silver combo. I am sure they will be liked.

jrista

Black and Chrome! About as crisp and pristine as it gets! Really love your perfect seams where the blanks meet the kit. I struggle so much with that... Photos seem fine to me!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Black and Chrome! About as crisp and pristine as it gets! Really love your perfect seams where the blanks meet the kit. I struggle so much with that... Photos seem fine to me!
Thanks Jon. I think the general rule is, turn down to about .005 above the bushings leaving room for sanding. I start at 400, 600, then go through all the micro-mesh pads ALL wet sanding. Then polish. I honestly think I just get lucky if they're close. Appreciate the complement.

Top Bottom