Another pen from scraps!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NGLJ

Wood is too precious (and expensive) to waste. I found a couple of pieces which were layered and had been cut at the same angle. I flipped one around and glued them together along the cut angle. The woods are maple, walnut and padauk. Not long enough for a single barrel slimline so I stuck some scrap purpleheart on the ends. I showed it to my wife and now it is going to one of her friends. So far I have given away most of the pens that I have made.

Attachments

• 2022-05-15_16-14-59.jpg
    2022-05-15_16-14-59.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

Wood is too precious (and expensive) to waste. I found a couple of pieces which were layered and had been cut at the same angle. I flipped one around and glued them together along the cut angle. The woods are maple, walnut and padauk. Not long enough for a single barrel slimline so I stuck some scrap purpleheart on the ends. I showed it to my wife and now it is going to one of her friends. So far I have given away most of the pens that I have made.
very interesting pattern, well done.

Drewby108

I'm with you on gifting out most of the pens I've made. I just wish people stopped pestering me to make something for them. The second this turns into a job, I lose interest.

NGLJ

I completely agree about not wanting a job. For me it is entirely a hobby and despite it being suggested that I could sell some of the pens that I make I am not interested. Further, it is nice to be in a position to gift something when it pleases you to do so.

Top Bottom