Another organization project.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Here's another project that has been on my mind for awhile. It's going to be so cool to have my cordless tools so handy.
Image1609005478.360948.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I just switched to the dewalt line for my garage tools. Got a few that were on Black Friday sales. Now I do not have to run to basement every time I want a tool. Finally got garage cleaned up and new work bench in with some peg board. Built a few shelves. Being I redid the entire outside of the house thought I would clean the garage. Boxed up the millions of broken watches I have which I kept buying many years ago. Need to find an outlet to sell those darn things. Not worth much. Bought mainly for faces when I got the craze to make watch part pens and bottlestoppers. Never really took off so no I buy specialty watches for that stuff. Between that and the cases of billiardballs I have stored out there it does look neater though. May have to sell off some of the billiardballs too. Never got into the items I wanted to make with them. That is a huge problem of mine. I get the bug and go hogwild buying and then my interests fade to something else. Always been a problem. :)

magpens

The truth is once you buy a brand, you kind of want all the batteries to be interchangeable.

Very true. . . I have recently been lamenting that "everybody's" batteries are incompatible with "everybody else's". . A pity ! . . Reason is obvious.

Battery-powered tools are incredibly convenient compared to the old way of first looking for a power outlet and then tripping over cords.

And battery-powered tools are here to stay, so I would think they could be a worthy target for legislated compatibility under "Go Green".
After all, automotive batteries are universal, so why not portable tool batteries ? . Could be in "everybody's" best interests to share that technology.

jttheclockman

Very true. . . I have recently been lamenting that "everybody's" batteries are incompatible with "everybody else's". . A pity ! . . Reason is obvious.

Battery-powered tools are incredibly convenient compared to the old way of first looking for a power outlet and then tripping over cords.

And battery-powered tools are here to stay, so I would think they could be a worthy target for legislated compatibility under "Go Green".
After all, automotive batteries are universal, so why not portable tool batteries ? . Could be in "everybody's" best interests to share that technology.
The biggest problem is longevity of batteries. Yes technology has gotten better but those batteries get worn down fast from use. Now the company has you as a client and you are now obligated to buy their battery. That is why electric tools will never go away. Conveyance is the main "pro" for battery operated tools and not having to drag chords around. But to match power of an electric tool is not possible. Comes close when tool battery is at full charge and new. But does decrease with use. An electric tool does not lose that power. Can get lots of jobs done with these tools. They make just about every tool possible battery operated including tablesaws and bandsaws and you name it. But money is in the battery not the tool.

Curly

Nice centralized tool shelf to keep the power tools handy.

Myself, I have no cordless tools of any kind with there exception of a Stihl string trimmer for Marla. When I need a tool I want it to work at full power until I'm done with it so I'm quite happy plugging it in to the wall. My 40 year old tools still work like they did when I bought them, well maybe a new cord or two :rolleyes: and I don't know of any battery tool that will be doing the same.

Sorry for adding to the topic detour. Oh the blanks in the tray below will make nice pens.

Nice set up Ken. I switched to battery operated tools many years ago. Still have my Makita drill but it doesn't work anymore. Switched to DeWalt several years ago and love all their stuff. Never had a problem with any of it. You can get some great deals on the DeWalt line during Christmas on Amazon. Saves a ton of money.

KenB259

Nice set up Ken. I switched to battery operated tools many years ago. Still have my Makita drill but it doesn't work anymore. Switched to DeWalt several years ago and love all their stuff. Never had a problem with any of it. You can get some great deals on the DeWalt line during Christmas on Amazon. Saves a ton of money.

I still have my older corded tools, hardly ever use them. All my Dewalt tools are the 20 volt variety and they are not lacking in power in any way. I think I have pretty much bought most of them at Christmas sales or Father's Day sales.

I still have my older corded tools, hardly ever use them. All my Dewalt tools are the 20 volt variety and they are not lacking in power in any way. I think I have pretty much bought most of them at Christmas sales or Father's Day sales.

Same here. I switched to the 20 volt system in a drill that I used around here. I will warn you though, get it stuck in difficult area and it can almost break your wrist. Found that out drilling holes in a foundation.

montmill

I've had some of the batteries rebuilt at Interstate Batteries. Best deal was having my 3M Airstream rebuilt, $60 vs $250 new. Just saw a story on the news warning people not to throw lithium ion batteries in the trash, they have caused fires in recycling centers and even garbage trucks.

KenB259

I've had some of the batteries rebuilt at Interstate Batteries. Best deal was having my 3M Airstream rebuilt, $60 vs $250 new. Just saw a story on the news warning people not to throw lithium ion batteries in the trash, they have caused fires in recycling centers and even garbage trucks.

Good to know. So far, I haven't had any go bad. When they do, I'll find an appropriate recycling place.

Top Bottom