Another one for the Ladies.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

Cigar pen made from Pink Ivory. I buffed it with the first two wheels of the Beal system and then 2 coats of friction polish. Then one coat of TSW and another lite buff. Thanks for looking!

CigarPenPinkIvory.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments!

Anthony, how do I get there? I've been there before but can't find the link to it. Wish we had it on the menu list! Or is it really obvious and I'm stupid? Be nice Anthony. [:D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by badwin
<br />Boy I like that Pink Ivory. Wish I could find some. Nice pen.
Brian
Brian--you can order it through Pens of Color or Woodturningz. (www.pocwoodworking.com or www.woodturningz.com)

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments!

Thanks for the link,Sam! I ended up finding it last night, of all places too, in my bookmarks. [:D] Anthony was the only one still signed on, but I think he fell asleep at the wheel because he wasn't talking. [:p]

JimGo

RT, that looks great! I read your finishing tecnique as you using FP on a buffing wheel; is that correct? I have 3 pieces of nice PI that I want to turn...just working up the courage! Any info before I do 'em is appreciated!

WoodChucker

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />RT, that looks great! I read your finishing tecnique as you using FP on a buffing wheel; is that correct? I have 3 pieces of nice PI that I want to turn...just working up the courage! Any info before I do 'em is appreciated!

Jim, no I do the buffing first then the two coats of friction polish. Then the TSW and do a real lite buff last.

Anthony, yeah I'm not the sharpest at 3am, or 3pm come to think about it. [:D]

Thanks Jim & Jake, appreciate the comments!

JimGo

Thanks RT! That's an interesting way to do it. What FP do you use? I use EEE, which I understand has Tripoli compound in it. I think that's also what you use on either the first or second stage of the buffing process, so I'm surprised the FP didn't actually dull the surface some.

WoodChucker

Jim, so far I've never had a problem with a pen getting dull. I use this friction polish from CSUSA and I understand it's the same as Mylands.
949-8000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom