Another Okie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Hello all. My name is Ron. I am 33 yrs old, and have been turning for a couple of years. I am just starting to really get into almost nothing but pens (and of course finger tops for the little kids.)

I just attended my first IAP local chapter meeting. I tell you, it was an absolute blast! (Thanks to Kallenshaan woods btw) I learned an absolute ton of new information, ideas, and made some new friends in the process!

Anyone considering going to a local IAP gathering and not sure about it... DO IT!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello on a different forum than just the Oklahoma board. Time to get back in the shop and put my new knowledge to work!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Ron, welcome to the forum and it was a pleasure to have you at our chapter meeting this past week-end. Glad you enjoyed it and hope we were able to impart some tips to you ,we all learn something at every meeting.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Ron!

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish to pens to tools to methods etc. It is not in detail or comprehensive but a good overview of pen turning. You already know much of this and the fellows you met can help you way beyond what the PDF file offers, but I do want to include it in case some of it can help.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

RAdams

Banned
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I will check out the PDF for sure. Thank you. I have the PSI pen video too. Even though it kinda scares me to watch a guy missing a finger teaching me how to make a pen. Not tryin to be mean or anything, but that is scary stuff. Not a good image to put into a rookies head.

Top Bottom