Another newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aerotech

Active Duty Navy Chief in Maryland. A good friend of mine turned me on to wood working in general and now i'm completely hooked. I want to learn everything there is to know about it and this seemed like an interesting place to start. So far i've made a whopping 10 pens and I already want to get into the advanced pen making with celtic crosses and inlays. i'd like to say thanks for all the advice i've read so far and look forward to hopefully being able to contribute in the future.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from sunny southern California! Hope you've counted your pennies. You'll need 'em!

One of the most important things is to be able to show off your work here on this site. The following is a great info article on "how to" by Jeff:
Uploading Photos – Your album
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35783

This link will lead you to a great place to keep your eye on things. It's kind of a guide to the who, what, and whatever for of the IAP site.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.
http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

Aerotech

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome. Now all thats left to do is learn to navigate this sight..... right??? Thanks for the starter pack Cathy Sue. looks like it's going to be a few minutes for me to learn the curve though.

phillywood

Dale, Welcome to IAP just don't expect us to be as organized as your Marine corp. though ,but we try to get you the info. you want. at least try. there some guys here as old as dinosaurs for the knowledge not the age wise. Just make sure that you check with your eye Dr. often. the already caused me to buy new glasses. :eek::biggrin:

Wild Turkey

Welcome Dale,

Hope you enjoy the IAP as much as I have. If you are in virginia Beach check out Corain King. great guy and pretty good shop. He can show you some neat stuff.

Aerotech

Thanks for the heads up John. It just so happens my family lives in Virginia Beach and I commute every weekend. i'll have to look him up.

Hucifer

Welcome from Race City USA. This is a great place. There is a great thread in here that is worth its weight in gold. Its all the things we would have liked to know before we went out and spent a lot of $ on stuff. I can't remember what it was called but I guarantee someone will be able to point you in the right place...

Top Bottom