Another Kitless pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Prinsen

Prinsen

Hello all,

For this pen, I took it upon myself to add some metal details to the pen. A cap and body finial seemed the best way to do this.

I love how the pen came out. The aluminium details work great and, even though there are some details I'm not entirely happy with, I truly enjoy the look of this pen.

Next time I want to do a different grip shape, better thread polishing and a custom clip as well!

Tips are always welcome!

P.S. I'm sorry for the bad pictures, I apparently am a horrible photographer. Hopefully they're clear enough.
IMG_20200225_223229.jpg

IMG_20200225_223156.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice !! . I like that you have made the cap finial to match the body material and the body finial to match the cap material.

What nib did you use ?

Are the cap and body finials held on by threading ?

Do you use an ink pump ? . ... cartridges ?

Also, where do you get the "Akita" acrylic ? . I like it.

Will you go for a slightly concave grip shape (section) ?

Prinsen

Very nice !! . I like that you have made the cap finial to match the body material and the body finial to match the cap material.

What nib did you use ?

Are the cap and body finials held on by threading ?

Do you use an ink pump ? . ... cartridges ?

Also, where do you get the "Akita" acrylic ? . I like it.

Will you go for a slightly concave grip shape (section) ?
Thank you! It's a #6 JoWo nib, this time from Edison. I want to get an unbranded nib soon.

Standard international cartridges, currently have a converter installed. I got the material from the turner's workshop in the UK. Yes, a slightly concave is what I'll be going for, it works the best for my fingers!

1shootist

On the threads, if you will sand and polish the tenon for them before you cut the threads it will make a huge improvement on how clean they appear.

Your pen looks great...well done !đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Top Bottom