Another firewood box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Snowbeast

Snowbeast

Haven't posted anything for quite some time but I thunk this was worthy of trying again. Just a simple firewood box. Well, it's made of firewood anyway. Good ol' Texas old growth mesquite.

Custom order from some folks I met at a recent craft fair. Only ones out of dozens that have actually followed up on their "I'll get back with you." promise.

Simple sewing box for their soon-to-be daughter-in-law that just recently got her Master's in Mechanical Engineering (hence the cog wheels).

Comments and critiques welcomed as always.
Emily Sew Box -1 Dec 2019.JPG
Emily Sew Box -2  Dec 2019.JPG
Emily Sew Box -3  Dec 2019.JPG
Emily Sew Box -4  Dec 2019.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Anthony, well worth posting. The box is wonderful. đź‘Ť

I will observe that I have a barn full of split firewood from my property that includes spalted beech, maple, hickory, oak, redbud, buckeye, Locust, Sweetgum, Sycamore, Ash and Poison Ivy Vines!!!

We usually discount what we have, as opposed to what we want. Last month my wife and I visited a close friend just north of Tucson, AZ. In his yard he had lots of Mesquite and prickly pear cactus. I would have easily traded 100 lbs of my firewood for 100 lbs of his firewood. (Too costly to actually do).

Beautiful box. Thanks for sharing.

(Several years ago I visited a couple in NE Ohio that had for many years collected wood. The wife was tossing "scraps" into a wood-burning stove. That day, the tinder was ... Desert Ironwood :eek:. Yes, I did manage to help some escape!

EricRN

That's a great looking box. Line that thing with some Spanish cedar and you'd have yourself a fine humidor for those of us who aren't into sewing ...

Snowbeast

Thanks for all the nice comments and likes, folks. It's great to be appreciated for the simple things.

The lady who commissioned this piece just picked it up and seemed to be very pleased with it.

Now on to the next one. :)

Top Bottom