Another Bash Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I just wanted to give you guys a heads up so your not scratching your heads in a couple of hours when this hits the Bash forum. Jeff Powell is coordinating an, "Edible Pen" contest. He and his family will handle everything from judging to prizes so there will be no additional work for anyone except Jeff, who may want to add the contest to the front page announcements. Jeff said he had talked with Cav about this after last year's Bash and Cav had told Jeff that he would call him prior to this year's Bash. Unfortunately, Czv went on his break and has been pretty scarice around here.

The rules should be posted in several hours.

PR_Princess

Mike, I think than more ways for members to participate the better!:tongue:

But I have a couple of concerns here after reading your post. Jeff has been around a while, he certainly knows when the Bash is and who is the Activity Manager. Seems to me that if he wanted to have a contest brought up for consideration he should have done so earlier. Also it should of have the chance to be run through the group for input, just like the other contests.

Also to have any one member (or members family) run a contest completely from A-Z (including the judging, prizes) and calling it part of the IAP Bash ...No matter how well intentioned, just begs for questions to be asked. I am not implying anything against Jeff Powell here, but as a matter of course this type of closely held activity just looks bad. It is also sets a precedent. After all look at all the flack recently from a one line link entry.

IMHO, Jeff's contest idea sounds like a great one ...for next year.

Last edited:

Scott

Actually, I like it! And I may even enter! Of course, look at me, I run an Ugly Pen Contest, so my judgment may be somewhat suspect! ;-)

Scott.

PR_Princess

LOL Actually Scott I like the contest too (after being able to read it). It does sound like a lot of fun!:biggrin:

But, the precedent still gives me the heebeegeebees.

Top Bottom