Announcing Winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
A member sent me an email which included:
Could you ask those running the various contests that when they announce the winners to please include the correct answer.

Seems like a good idea. I think he's talking about the triva contest?

Jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

One thing that Randy has brought up to me is, after the winners are chosen, and they have provided their addresses, who is this sent to so that the prizes can be sent? Thanks for asking this Randy!

It would be easy for me to say "send them to me and I'll take care of it." And for the most part I will do that. But my Wife has noticed that I am spending more time at the computer and less time with her. So what I'd like to propose is that I will provide all necessary contact information for the prizes allocated to your contests so that you can notify them to send the prizes yourself. Most of this is not any more difficult than dropping an E-Mail to them saying "We awarded your prize to so-and-so, here's their address, please send it to them!"

I would also add that if you can encourage winners of the prizes to contact the supplier and thank them for the prize, it goes a long way. I had one supplier I talked to, that had donated many prizes last year, and they said they had not been thanked even once.

What do you think about this? It would really help if we could all follow-through and make the contacts. As an alternative, if you want me to do the contacts, rather than sending E-Mails to me, if you could post the winners information on the Planning forum, where nobody but us can see, then I can make the contacts and mark them off from wherever I am at.

Speak up! Thanks!

Scott.

Randy_

Originally posted by jeff

A member sent me an email which included:
Could you ask those running the various contests that when they announce the winners to please include the correct answer.

Seems like a good idea. I think he's talking about the triva contest?

Jeff

I have been doing exactly that so if the question was about the trivia contest, I don't understand why??

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Scott that the best way to handle this is that the contest coordinator contact the winners for their shipping address, then forward that address to the gift donor.

Please do not divulge the recipient's email address.

Thanks!

Scott

Thanks Andrew! Are you sure?

I have already notified the donors for the three Randy sent me today, from the first two days of the Trivia. If Andrew really wants to do this, I will let him know who I have notified so far.

One last chance to come to your senses? :D

Scott.

Randy_

Scott: I thought I sent you all four. Which one are you missing??

My mistake, sorry. I went back and looked through the archived emails and found that one of them to you was saved as a draft rather than sent. Must have pushed the wrong button. I just resent it. Let me know if you don't get it.

fiferb

I was just thinking about this question since my turn at trivia starts next weekend. Is it correct now to send addresses to Andrew?

Also, Randy, I was wondering if you could send me the code you use for the trivia contest colors and fonts. I like what you've done and would like to replicate it for continuity if it's ok with you.

Randy_

Bruce: Your first question will need to be posted next Friday. I'll email you the code later today. I have two forms. One to start a contest and one to announce the winners.

Scott

Randy - I did get the other E-Mail, so now I have notified all four winners from the first two days of Trivia.

Andrew - I guess you're it! Thanks!

Let me emphasize this - Contest Managers, when you are notifying Andrew of the winners, you should state what contest, which prize, and the name and address of the winner. If you don't have the name and address yet, please wait until you do have it!

Scott.

Randy_

Originally posted by Scott

.....Let me emphasize this - Contest Managers, when you are notifying Andrew of the winners, you should state what contest, which prize, and the name and address of the winner.....

Seems to me that this puts an "EXTRA" (and unnecessary) step in the process?? I have changed my process to have the winners email Andrew directly. Seems like they can provide the necessary information just as well as can the contest manager?? If that is a problem for some reason, let me know and I will revert to the other method.

DocStram

Randy ..... please send a copy of the code to me also. I'd like to practice with it before it's my turn. You're doing a great job with the Trivia Contest. Thanks!

Scott

Originally posted by Randy_
Seems to me that this puts an "EXTRA" (and unnecessary) step in the process?? I have changed my process to have the winners email Andrew directly. Seems like they can provide the necessary information just as well as can the contest manager?? If that is a problem for some reason, let me know and I will revert to the other method.

If it's OK with Andrew, it's fine with me!

My idea was just to minimize Andrew's part in this. He not only personally arranged for most of these prizes, which was a job in itself, but he then took over a contest and is managing it, and now is volunteering to notify the donors of who the prize winners are. He is now officially busier than I am, and almost as busy as Jeff!

At least drop Andrew an E-Mail when you finish a contest, letting him know who to expect information from. OK?

Just my two cents!

Scott.

Top Bottom