Anniversary Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dfurlano

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfurlano

This is a Panache kit.

The ring at the top of the pen was a friendship ring that was given by this person to his wife while they were dating in college. The ring ended up getting broken and put into a jewelry box. For their ten year anniversary the ring was repaired and mounted on this pen. The pen is made from Irish Bog Oak and the design with a Celtic theme. The clip is sterling silver and the other parts including the ring at the top are platinum coated. The Celtic heart was machined and filled with a silver leaf composite material.

Anniversary-Ring-Closed-Fro.jpg

Anniversary-Ring-Open-Fro1.jpg

Anniversary-Ring-Open-Fro2.jpg

Anniversary-Ring-Open-Fron.jpg

Anniversary-Ring-Open-Side.jpg

[
Anniversary-Ring-Open-Top.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Beautiful. Sorry for a dumb question, however, but which are you calling the top? If it's the end with the clip, then were did the celtic band come from on the other end. If the celtic band is the ring at the top, then where did the ring at the clip end come from?

Ron Mc

Stunning pen! I absolutely love the fact that you have included the ring and made a heart clip for it.
Very, very well done!

Wonderful pen, excellent design and modifications.The clip compliments it beautifully.It seems that it may be too large for a pocket but as pretty as it is, who would want to hide it in there in the first place.
I have been unable to find a bog oak blank that large, may I ask where you found it or is it a glue up?

dfurlano

The ring where the clip is was the friendship ring, the ring under the Celtic heart was purchased on ebay. I did a buy for a large piece of IBO with someone and we ended up with ~1" square blanks.

I am TOTALLY blown away...there is so MUCH in this pen that makes me just look and stare.....I have to say this may well be one of the nicest pen I have ever seen on IAP ... I respect all the qualities and personalization....the design works really well for my tastes as well....I am totally in awe.....well done is not good enough to describe how this pen makes me feel....WOW....[:p]

BigRob777

Dan,
I'm not surprised, but as usual, in awe. Nice work. Sometimes that bog oak really comes out black. I got two pieces in a trade and it's really dark brown.
Keep it coming,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom