And now for something completely new

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker

If you don't know what it is, don't ask because you probably don't want to know. I saw a desire so I filled it. - Latest order
I don't care for the Checker blank - has lots of bubbles in the seams.

full4_8_89.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am going to assume they are remains holders of beloved ones. I have seen these with photos of the deceased and also used for other things such a pill carriers.

BeeAMaker

Are the components machines out of SS? How large are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

They are Aluminum, same type used in food utensils/containers. It dissipates the heat much faster than steel, you know just in case one end came into contact with a flame ;) My first proto-types were SS and they got really hot and retained the heat. The Aluminum barley get warm. These can also be put back on the lath between centers and polished nice an shinny too if you want.

I'm not PRO or CON on the matter, You do you, . But I know a few that are PRO and they love them.

Lucky2

I make these out of a kit that you can get most anywhere, it's the toothpick or money kit. I never thought of using them for this purpose, my girlfriend's brother did. After I gave him one, he came back and ordered two dozen of them. It seems like, all of his poker playing buddies wanted one or two of them.

Len

BeeAMaker

I still don't know what they are for.

Well, with the legalization of Cannabis. More and more smoke shops are pooping up in my area. Friend of mine use it for "medication", helps put him to sleep. He only take 1 or 2 hits at night so he uses a "One hitter" which has a bowl just large enough for 2 maybe 3 drags of "tobacco".

The glass and aluminum ones the smoke shops sell get really hot, even after 1 hit. and a lot of them have a draw hole too large and you get a mouth full of "tobacco" at times. So I designed one to his specifications and he loved it so much he showed his friends, they all wanted one so I showed a few of the smoke shops and they all wanted some lol. So... Where there is a demand ...

Some of the all aluminum ones sell from $15 to $25 and the glass ones sell from $8 to $15. I sell the completed turned ones for around $15 depending on the blank. You can make 2 per standard pen blank and I can make about 4 an hour.

dogcatcher

At $15 you might be short changing yourself.

I used to play with making tobacco pipes, I wanted to learn their dye techniques, but to get there I needed to "pay the dues" and learn the techniques. That evolved into making small pipes for what some like to call "herbs:. The best selling versions are the ones with an acrylic or resin mouthpiece and a wood bowl. They look like small tobacco pipes but a more modern look. They take quite bit longer to make, but the artistic challenge has a greater sized "design board" for you to work with. Look at the website of Pure Pipes, a German company, their prices might inspire you to open new doors.

TonyL

Well, with the legalization of Cannabis. More and more smoke shops are pooping up in my area. Friend of mine use it for "medication", helps put him to sleep. He only take 1 or 2 hits at night so he uses a "One hitter" which has a bowl just large enough for 2 maybe 3 drags of "tobacco".

The glass and aluminum ones the smoke shops sell get really hot, even after 1 hit. and a lot of them have a draw hole too large and you get a mouth full of "tobacco" at times. So I designed one to his specifications and he loved it so much he showed his friends, they all wanted one so I showed a few of the smoke shops and they all wanted some lol. So... Where there is a demand ...

Some of the all aluminum ones sell from $15 to $25 and the glass ones sell from $8 to $15. I sell the completed turned ones for around $15 depending on the blank. You can make 2 per standard pen blank and I can make about 4 an hour.
Thanks for the explanation.

pshrynk

Did you mean popping? The pooping bit makes a bit of sense another direction, however...

BeeAMaker

New Store - new link! Can't edit the older post

Top Bottom