And I thought I had alot of burl!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

dang .95 a pound sounds like a pretty good price to me, but I already have about 35 pounds in my garage.[:D][:D][:D]

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I am getting this visual, tractor/trailer traveling from coast to coast, picking up burls from all parts of the country...moving them to the other coast and all points in between...kinda like a wood burl store on wheels..[:)][:p]

Originally posted by low_48
<br />Take a look at this pile of claro walnut burl[:0][:0][:p][:p]
http://www.woodweb.com/exchanges/lumber/posts/435782.html
I also added it to the suggestions for a group buy. I put it there as a joke, but just maybe.........

Rich

bonefish

I have read that burl comes from the big knobby things on the tree trunk, above ground. I have heard them referred to as tumors.

I might be wrong, but this looks like stumps. This is not meant to be a critism, because I know that the most beautiful grain, used for high end gunstocks and furnature comes from the stump.

Could someone please enlighten me?

Bonefish

Gary Max

My thoughts on Burl----used more to describe the grain in wood.
You will find burl in everything from the root burl to the big tumors that grow on a tree.
Since woodworkers kinda speak our own language-- I think that the outstanding swirl in the grain is what we are talkin about.
This is a Red Oak Burl---yah it's mine

200675235915_burl11.jpg

low_48

Huntersilver,
Do you know this guy? He has listed some really interested material on Woodweb. Nothing beats looking at the material before you buy. If I had someone that could look at these I might be interested in buying one. Let me know.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom