ambonia burl slab

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gandsande

Ambonia burl slab. i'd like to recover what i paid. any interest? shipping can be xanada post or usps.

Attachments

• IMG_15092019_215319.jpg
    IMG_15092019_215319.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_15092019_215302.jpg
    IMG_15092019_215302.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gandsande

common guys 137 views and no one has a comment of price good bad or otherwise? I do have some already in pen blanks I could look for to include they if i recall were heavy with eyes. Should I be adding them to this offer to sell?

DavidD

common guys 137 views and no one has a comment of price good bad or otherwise? I do have some already in pen blanks I could look for to include they if i recall were heavy with eyes. Should I be adding them to this offer to sell?

Thanks for posting this. A few thoughts:

(1) You may want to post an actual cost. I know the photo shows a little price tag, but it remains ambiguous which currency the price is expressed in, given that you're talking about Canadian and US post.

(2) It may be useful to wet the wood prior to photographing. It's hard to make out the figure here...

(3) When I click on links to Amboyna, I'm typically looking for darker colors with more eyes. To the extent you're observing a lot of views without any hits, it could be that others are also looking for those types of gems.

Hope this helps!

David

gandsande

Yea the Price I am flexible on. I actually did pay the 66 in USD. so make an offer I guess. I'll try hitting it with the sander tonight and get a new pic..

hokie

My $0.02...
I keep an eye out for decently priced, quality amboyna constantly. I have learned (the hard way) that it's one of the most misrepresented woods out there either by mistake or maliciously. People sell all kinds of burl as amboyna, red malee being a common one. I'm personally leery of something being presented as amboyna if it doesn't have both the characteristic eye formation and red coloring (golden amboyna is another story). I'm not saying your piece is not amboyna or anything like that, I just want to convey the thought process I go through when spotting listings like yours and why I might not have leaped at the chance to buy it.

gandsande

well i cant say more then I recall buying it at a reputable supplier in the Ottawa Canada area. I have some just blanks still of the Slab that was next to this one it was electric. I understand the comments and appreciate the time. I do understand the point of view. If all goes well tonight I'll try sanding it and see if it cleans up. I hait to cut it into more pen blanks as that limits the use but if need be I guess i can and sell the choice pieces with some nice photos. Just kinda hard to cut it up when i am shutting the shop down for a major move. No worry if i have to its only one small Piece I'll pack it up.

gandsande

This is one side of the SLAB sanded and a little wet for Picture retakes. Hope it helps you all make a decision I paid $66. for it in USD. I think the Costs have gone up so I am only looking to get as close to what i paid as possible. Please Make an offer. I know if I keep it packed I prolly wont use it for 10 years. Might as well be a good money maker for one of you guys.

Attachments

• 20190920_135247.jpg
    20190920_135247.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 206

gandsande

just got an ask from a member if this was still availiale - YES. however i may need a few days to get it out of the new storage since the move its a little buried.

Top Bottom