All kinds of fun stuff...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisinOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisinOR

Hello again all...

I've been pretty busy lately out in the shop.... So, here's a few other projects I recently completed.

First up is a birdhouse that I made for my mother-in-law. It is made out of Goncalo Alves, Birch, and Ash. Finished with Spar for maximum protection. The roofs on the houses tip up for yearly cleaning.

2007714283_DSCN4436.jpg

Next up is a treasure chest made from Port Orford Cedar. This was kind of a fun simple project. The idea was to make it look as funky as possible. Not too shabby.

20077142645_DSCN4442.jpg

Next up is a jewelry box that I kind of like. It's made from Padauk and Yellowheart. Kind of a bright box huh?!

20077142915_DSCN4433.jpg

Last up is the creme-dela-creme.. I new knife! The scales are dyed and stabilized Maple burl. The bolsters and spine are rain drop damascus. S30V stainless steel blade and 440C stainless steel liners. The is my new carry knife. I really like it!!

20077143235_DSCN4438.jpg

As always your comments and any suggestions are much appreciated.

Chris Nilluka

P.S.: (Shamless plug) the two boxes are available....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChrisinOR

Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking
<br />The damascus is stunning. If you don't mind me asking where did you get the blade and liners?

Honestly I can't remember. I usually buy my folder kits from one of three places; Knife Kits.com, Texas Knife Supply, and Jantz Knife Supply. I only buy premade folder kits. I don't have a mill yet or a heat treat oven that can temper the finicky stainless steel. If I make a carbon steel blade I do all of it at home...

Chris Nilluka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom