Advanced Freestyle Slimline pen contest for the 2022 Bash.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
This year for the Slimline contest I would like to have the pens push the boundries. The rules will be.
1- Your pen must use 7mm tubes.
2- If you want you may use a kit clip. You do not have to use a clip at all.
3- You must make the rest of the pen yourself and it cannot be shown on social media before the end of the contest.
4-You can not use a pen entered in another contest.
5-You can cast, print, laser,conjour or any other method of making the blanks but you have to do it. You can use wood or resin or combonations.

Entries will be taken starting Feb 1st and ending Tuesday Feb 15th at Midnight Eastern.
There will be prizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

I need some clarification as well. on Item #3, what all does this encompass? the tip? the transmission? center bands? or is it Ok to use these parts from a kit in addition to a kit clip? - Dave

magpens

Does in have to be wood and/or resin ? . . or can it be partially or totally metal ?

If it is totally metal, can the tubes be left out provided the bore to accommodate the refill has the diameter of 7 mm ?

Given that the bore diameter is 7 mm, can a Parker-style refill be used instead of a Cross-style ?

Can it be a click pen, or must it be a twist pen ?

Can the centerband be omitted ?

Joebobber

I know the contest from summer was anything as long as it used a slimline twist mechanism, cross ink, and 7mm tubes. However these rules aren't as specific. Is this contest expanded to just require 7mm tubes? Or is it same rules as the previous contests. Thanks so much! Sorry about posting 2 questions, this one was more thought out.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
These are really good questions, its why I post them for discussion. It can be a twist mechanism, no mechanism or pencil. You can use metal and drill it out as long as you keep to the ID of std 7mm pens.
It does not need a center band. Nibs/ nose cones are optional.

Fred Bruche

So now that it's time to really press the foot on the pedal, it is possible that the tube to be of any length while keeping the 7mm diameter? Overactive minds wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom