Advanced Casting Pen contest voting poll!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Which are the most creative cast pens? Chose 3

• Pen 1

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Pen 2

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Pen 3

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Pen 4

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Pen 5

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Pen 6

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Pen 7

Votes: 21 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We had 7 really creative entries this year, your job is to decide which are the top 3. You can choose your top 3 favorites.

Pen 1
Title of Your Entry: Turkey Oak Acorn Caps with a Cigar
Description: I casted turkey oak acorn caps in white and green alumilite.
pen 1a.jpeg pen 1b.jpeg

Pen 2
Title of Your Entry: The Ace of Spades
Description: Chrome and 22K gold full size Majestic. Cap lined in blue brushed steel vinyl. 2 ace of spades watch dials with clear crystals. Brass watch gears with blue Aqua Swarovski crystals in center. Brass spade symbols. Body has both casting and segmenting. Small watch gears with Aqua crystals and brass spades on same brushed blue vinyl. My own blue casted acrylic with black & red accents. Poured in Liquid Diamond resin.
Pen 1a.jpg Pen 2a.jpg pen 2c.jpg

Pen 3
Title of Your Entry: Bullet Train
Description: I made this pen using Aluminum Tape, Assorted Paints, Watch Parts, Copper Sheet and Assorted Copper Wires
I put the blank on a Bolt Action Tec Pen Kit
There is a Train Track running around the kit and all the other hand shaped pieces are there to look like a working machine in the Steampunk Genre

pen 3b.jpg pen 3c.jpg Pen 3a.jpg

Pen 4
Title of Your Entry: Jawbone Memorial
Description: This pen was created to memorialize a first whitetail buck harvest by casting the lower jawbone like the way some have cast alligator jawbones. The steps were as follows… 1. Boil the jawbone to get all the meat off. 2. Pull the teeth and clean the tooth pockets with a Dremel tool then boil again in soapy water to degrease. 3. Allow to dry then clean with alcohol. 4. Cut and sand to fit mold and cast with epoxy and Ocean blue and silver mica powder. 5. Pair with a Black and Chrome Le Roi kit.
pen 4a.jpg pen 4b.jpg pen 4c.jpg

Pen 5
Title of Your Entry:
big boy 4014
Description: aluminite clear slow w/label big boy 4014 was here in Sedalia Mo and got lucky to get these photos
Pen 5-2a.jpg Pen 5-2b.jpg

Pen 6
Title of Your Entry:
Old Levi's
Description: My favorite Levi's developed a rip in an indecent place, my wife said they had to go. I cut one of the legs into strips, soaked them in resin and put them in a mold. I took a photo of the label and did a label casting. Paired the turned blanks with a titanium Navigator and preserved my faithful jeans.

pen 6a.jpeg pen 6b.jpeg pen 6c.jpeg

Pen 7
Title of Your Entry:
Fractal Angel
Description: Using an AI computer program to generate fractal images. As image sets are created each is examined searching for a possible pen blank. Maybe 1 in a thousand images catches my eye. When I discovered this image the angel appeared as I rotated the fractal and the pen blank Fractal Angel was born. The blank was created using a label cast with Alumilite Slow Clear resin. I selected an Elegant Beauty single barrel pen in Chrome and Satin Chrome.
pen 7a.JPG pen 7b.JPG pen 7c.png

Attachments

• pen 5a.jpg
    pen 5a.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 59
  • pen 5b.jpg
    pen 5b.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Gentlemen, I thank you for your patience, the photos should be working now. I will extend the voting times.

Fred Bruche

Not being able to zoom in on the pictures yesterday, I kept wondering what part of an Old Levi's could have such a brown color... mystery solved for my twisted mind 🤣

Top Bottom