Acetate Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordItalia

Hello penturners!
We are manufacturing acetate blanks and I need 3 persons to test them.
The proposal is you turn one and keep one blank for yourself.(we need barrel, cap and the correspondent threads)
Kitless pen.
Please DM.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Perhaps, after some testing, they will be made available. I respect that logic.

ecrouse

Be interesting to see how they look as pens. I'm wondering if the large patterns are supposed to be representative of what the blanks look like magnified or if they are large blocks blanks are cut from. If the former then interesting, if the latter I don't think a lot of those patterns will translate well to pen sizes.

Fred Bruche

Most are available...I just ordered some
Just curious, John, did you pay with PayPal and did your payment went through?

Here's what I got... Smells fishy...

Gmail - Your payment is pending copy.jpg

jalbert

PayPal can be weird. One time a payment from my girlfriend for her share of rent and utilities got flagged as pending...and she regularly pays me that way each month

magpens

PayPal certainly IS weird. . For one thing, you never know what it's front page is going to look like. . That is off-putting to me ! . But ... seems to work.

NordItalia

Just curious, John, did you pay with PayPal and did your payment went through?

Here's what I got... Smells fishy...

View attachment 234191

First time I see this kind of message...

Payment is pending
PayPal Express Checkout is still processing this order's payment. To make sure you get paid, wait for the payment to be successful before fulfilling this order.

PayPal transaction is pending
PayPal is reviewing the payment to comply with government regulations. Confirm the payment is completed before fulfilling this order.

hokie

It appears Nord Italia is just a reseller of Mazzucchelli material that they've formed into 3/4"x3/4" blanks. I'm guessing by sandwiching the thinner sheets (I could absolutely be wrong on this). This web page and this webpage are pretty much copy/paste with references to Mazzucchelli removed. It's kinda funny looking at the result of the word removals or replacements.

Not complaining, just an interesting observation, I thought!

I look forward to hearing how well the blanks work for everyone. A guy on ebay selling acetate sheets told me he wasn't able to make pen blanks successfully with his material.

Edit: It appears the guy I referenced from eBay and "Nord Italia" coincidentally both are from south Florida. Also interesting!

NordItalia

Please check our instagram to see how they turn....;)
(30 years of experience working with acetate).
I will try to add a few pictures.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20191018_103849_573.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20191018_103849_573.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 133
  • thumbnail_IMG_20191211_095935_468.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20191211_095935_468.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 131
  • thumbnail_IMG_20200226_094150_074.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20200226_094150_074.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 175
  • thumbnail_IMG_20200226_094207_509.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20200226_094207_509.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 148

Fred Bruche

First time I see this kind of message...

Payment is pending
PayPal Express Checkout is still processing this order's payment. To make sure you get paid, wait for the payment to be successful before fulfilling this order.

PayPal transaction is pending
PayPal is reviewing the payment to comply with government regulations. Confirm the payment is completed before fulfilling this order.

:rolleyes: It could be that the government thinks I'm trying to buy too many pen blanks and not creating enough pens... 😅
Seems it's out of our control, so let's wait and see.
Thanks!

ecrouse

It appears Nord Italia is just a reseller of Mazzucchelli material that they've formed into 3/4"x3/4" blanks. I'm guessing by sandwiching the thinner sheets (I could absolutely be wrong on this). This web page and this webpage are pretty much copy/paste with references to Mazzucchelli removed. It's kinda funny looking at the result of the word removals or replacements.

Not complaining, just an interesting observation, I thought!

I look forward to hearing how well the blanks work for everyone. A guy on ebay selling acetate sheets told me he wasn't able to make pen blanks successfully with his material.

Edit: It appears the guy I referenced from eBay and "Nord Italia" coincidentally both are from south Florida. Also interesting!

Well, that page was removed from the nord acetate website. It was there, I saw it, but now it is gone. On his about page there is a link to a Vimeo and the Vimeo is nearly word for word the same as the about page except the company names and location the product is made are changed.

Seems odd but I hope it all works out.

In case it also "disappears"
1582857369833.png

1582857384758.png

NordItalia

Well, that page was removed from the nord acetate website. It was there, I saw it, but now it is gone. On his about page there is a link to a Vimeo and the Vimeo is nearly word for word the same as the about page except the company names and location the product is made are changed.

View attachment 234204

View attachment 234205

hokie

View attachment 234204

View attachment 234205
LOL at the variety of sources they used for the content! And thank you for the confirmation of my observation before he took down the page! Too bad he had to steal the content.

Something I've also wondered about the Mazzucchelli (and by extension Nord Italia) material is how it looks when turned since it all appears mostly transparent. Glad Mr. Italia posted his photos to show an example. Thank you!

NordItalia

...hahaha..my friend from Boston, Aaron,hahahah..
Yes, I used content from my friend. Yes, I have used technical data from the most respected source.(nothing trade marked)
So what?..
I think that you loved so much those acrylics rod...take it easy. Acetate won't replace your lovely plastic rods..

ecrouse

Honestly even if he's buying 6mm old stock acetate sheets and has found a way to make good looking pen blanks out of them I figure there'd be a market for that. I'd buy em. Would just appreciate transparency. Not of the blanks, though.

hokie

Honestly even if he's buying 6mm old stock acetate sheets and has found a way to make good looking pen blanks out of them I figure there'd be a market for that. I'd buy em. Would just appreciate transparency. Not of the blanks, though.
I agree on all counts. Best of luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom