Accelerators

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darrin

For all my years making pens I have used Stick Fast aerosol with Mercury Flex as the glue. I always knew when it was cured from the horrid odor.
I switched to Mercury's accelerator and the aroma isn't bad at all.
I may have a problem.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I usually just grab the blank and hope that the skin from my fingers isn't removed. The pain of skin removal and agony of refinishing has led to excessively long wait times...

Mortalis

I tend to stay with the same brand name accelerator as the CA I am using. I am pretty much a BSI fan boy. The scent of BSI accelerator is very pleasing and as a pump spray I get to better control how much I use without drippage.
I've found a couple accelerators brand name other than the CA glue I used that do not fully cure the CA. I know this doesnt mean much as there are many other variables that could be involved but since I started using brand for brand I havent had the issue.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Don't like those horror stories above.
I must put in a good word for "GluBoost" and "GluDry" accelerator. NO foaming, blistering and the like. The pen making hobby has much to learn from the wooden musical instrument making and repair business. My only complaint (and I blame no one BUT MYSELF), I may tend to use a bit too much accelerator. The accelerator comes in a rather small container. My finger seems to be a bit heavy on the button.
The end result is the best I've ever seen! Watch their videos, do exactly as they do. I believe you will not be disappointed.

greenacres2

I've converted from Mercury to GluBoost as well--side benefit is that i really like the scent of the GB accelerator. I'd use it as an air freshener if i was single.
earl

Top Bottom