A strange day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

The alarm went off this morning and my wife said "happy birthday," and I said "what?" The last week has been so wierd because of the fire that I completely forgot. There's just too much to do to even think about it. We've lost 57 trees ranging in size from about 1" diameter to 25" in diameter, and that's only the trees I can count because the terrain on our land is really steep in some places. I know there are more, I just can't get to them. And, we could lose another 20-30 without adequate moisture. I still have to replace 18 fence posts and 600 feet of fence in our horse pasture. I think I'll need another vacation when this is done. This is a picture from the local newspaper that taken within 100' of our house, when the fire came over the ridge.

2006829144814_Sanctuary%20Trail%20fire.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jssmith3

Happy Birthday Gerry, hang in there it will get better. Remember the saying at the bottom of my post ok, I have had to read it alot lately!
Take care,
Janet ;)

Dario

Happy birthday Gerry.

Must be draining what you just went through. Just so you'll know, it is okay to just veg after that ordeal.

gerryr

The fire has definitely affected more than the trees. Since we got back in the house, I've managed about 3 hours in my shop, all of that finishing one Tasmanian Eucalypt Burl Baron for a special order. I re-did the CA finish at least four times, maybe five. I finally got it, but it was a real struggle.[:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom