A soggy Hello from Seattle Washington

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magaoitin

I finally got my little lathe setup after 5 years of collecting dust while I built out my woodshop and got distracted by an endless list of DIY projects. It will probably be another 5 years before I am finished moving stuff around, if ever and get settled.

The pen bug got me again this month when I uncovered the boxes (and boxes...and boxes) of pen kits and blanks I had stored away.

It was really satisfying to turn a pen again. This is one of those great hobbies that you can put down for a while and come back to without having to worry about deadlines or massive projects/builds that take months. An hour at the lathe creating something, and suddenly no need to check in with the therapist this week :) calm is restored.

I look forward to the endless reading of all your adventures for inspiration of my own.

Attachments

• 20231222_082415.jpg
    20231222_082415.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 59
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

d_bondi

Welcome from Utah.
I realize that pictures can be deceiving for space, but that looks like quite a nice shop you have.

Woodchipper

Welcome! Addictive, isn't it?
Read a Seattle joke: What do they call three consecutive days of sunshine in Seattle? Answer: Summer!
Wife's late uncle lived in Everette. Loved it.

magaoitin

Welcome from Utah.
I realize that pictures can be deceiving for space, but that looks like quite a nice shop you have.
Thanks! I got pretty lucky with finding this piece of property. The shop was definitely the selling point (in retrospect the house should have bene torn down and I should have started over). It's a little under 30'x30' with 13' eves and a 10'x30' mezzanine. Was just an empty pole building without power or lights and I spent the first couple years building it out.

I think I have more pictures of my shop buildout than my father ever took of me growing up.

Attachments

• 5 - FeRRsTy.jpg
    5 - FeRRsTy.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 6 - PnZ0BcP.jpg
    6 - PnZ0BcP.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 46

d_bondi

Thanks! I got pretty lucky with finding this piece of property. The shop was definitely the selling point (in retrospect the house should have bene torn down and I should have started over). It's a little under 30'x30' with 13' eves and a 10'x30' mezzanine. Was just an empty pole building without power or lights and I spent the first couple years building it out.

I think I have more pictures of my shop buildout than my father ever took of me growing up.

Impressive, you have come a long way since you started. Nice work. And the Mezanine... BONUS!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

jrista

Welcome, Jeff. If you've caught the bug, there probably isn't any better place to be. ;P

Your shop looks amazing. Looks pretty spacious! I'd love to have some space like that. I am constantly rearranging my shop. It keeps improving, but, somehow, I keep finding ways to improve it more. Be it tool access and reach, general layout, suitability for the various tasks I do and the order I do them in, whatever... I'd say its great...but, after a while it kind of gets exhausting! I sometimes wish I could shut that part of my brain up and just turn...

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP.

Seeing your first picture, I was going to respond with a very playful sarcastic comment that you needed a 'larger' dust collection hood. Yours is 'way too large' to be effective. But the later photos from the footprint of your shop - you'll figure it all out and be able to get where you need to be. Enjoy the ride. A random comment - be mindful for dust collection/air filtration/lung protection.

Be well.

Top Bottom