A nice 4 x 4

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
My wife's in her craft room making greeting cards, looks up and sees this really nice animal looking back at her, not more than about 5' from the window. Snow's bringing them down I guess. Her biggest concern was that it might want to come in to warm up a bit.

PXL_20201017_202042461.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Deer Steak! šŸ˜ Nice picture Tom.

Not sure I want to take this one this year Chuck. He's been sticking around, hasn't got his does yet so I think he's just an old bachelor...but then again, you never know. This year's Buck population has been off the charts. We had two smaller ones close to the cabin today so it might be dealers choice. Time will tell.

sbwertz

Venison makes the best jerky because it is so lean. I have friends in Flagstaff who hunt both rifle and bow seasons for both deer and elk and keep me supplied with meat.

sbwertz

I was going to a neighborhood cookout that was a "bring your own meat" potluck. I had a package with four big elk ribeyes in it. I mentioned that I was only going to eat one and did anyone else.....pandemonium. I think they cut up those three steaks and spread them around to everyone.

DrD

I was going to a neighborhood cookout that was a "bring your own meat" potluck. I had a package with four big elk ribeyes in it. I mentioned that I was only going to eat one and did anyone else.....pandemonium. I think they cut up those three steaks and spread them around to everyone.
When I lived in Florida, my bud's dad would overnight us quick frozen Elk steaks; word got around the complex and we had to start selling tickets to the Elk steak dinners.

I def prefer Elk to beef or venison, followed by Buffalo. Nothing like an Elk steak cooked on a grill!

We used to have a lot of Elk on our property until our neighbor, 3/4 of a mile up the road, started to let his four 4 dogs run. The Elk have disappeared but the Deer, although reduced in size, have stuck around. I used to be able to count well over 50 Deer in one spot and lots of Elk. It's amazing what dog's will do to wild life. My neighbors a vegetarian, that explains it. But the USDA has some very strict guidelines about animals that chase wildlife.

Reactions: DrD

sbwertz

Years ago I taught English as a second language. One of my students was Korean and since my schedule was totally full, I tutored her during lunch hour and she used to bring me lunch. Wonderful food!

Top Bottom