A lot of CA info

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I really learned a LOT about CA from Satellite City's FAQ page. Thought I'd share it for anyone else interested. I ended up there because I was thinking of trying this brand as I've only used Stick Fast thus far, and it doesn't seem to have a good reputation here at the IAP. Maybe another brand will be less frustrating. That or trying the flexible CA.

Anyway, one big takeaway for me is that CA doesn't stick to polyethylene. So that's why the closed cell foam sheets work so well for application (like the pool noodle or pipe insulation stuff). That's also why it just peels right off of the pen parts bags when I've used those for application. So those cheap plastic bag type of gloves that I thought were good for just about nothing.... hmm. I have noticed that large amounts of CA will still melt PE as it dries since it gives off so much heat.

jttheclockman

I have posted that facts page many many times here over the years. I am a user of their CA and have been since I started turning pens. As they say if it is not broke do not fix it so I never tried anything else. Always had good results from it.

Top Bottom