A hand full of sticks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CjG78

G'day, a little snap of my recent timber pens. From left to right, rib fruited mallee burl, waddy wood, figured Jarrah, Western Red cedar burl, curly Spanish cedar, birdseye lace sheoak. All natural oil finished. M14 triple lead threads, fully lined with ebonite.

Attachments

• 20220104_131459.jpg
    20220104_131459.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Those are really gorgeous pens. Excellent execution. My favorite is the one on the far left. Or the dark one in the middle. Or the one... - I can't make up my mind!
But - isn't the description the opposite (from right to left)?

CjG78

Those are really gorgeous pens. Excellent execution. My favorite is the one on the far left. Or the dark one in the middle. Or the one... - I can't make up my mind!
But - isn't the description the opposite (from right to left)?
Thanks! Haha me too, I love them all
left to right is the order

CjG78

Those are beautiful. When you say oil finished, can you be more specific? They look so nice and the wood shows so well.
Thanks. Sanded to 1200 grit, boiled linseed oil on a rag, slow speed, rub it in for a few minutes. Dry, repeat a few times.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The timbers are wonderful as are the profiles, but I really appreciate the finish. Above all else, I love feeling WOOD! Yes, not for everyone, but for me, a natural feeling finish is superb. I rarely get a pen turned that merits essentially a hand rubbed oil finish, but when it does, it is special... JMO.

Wonderful Sextet Casey - very impressive.

๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

CjG78

The timbers are wonderful as are the profiles, but I really appreciate the finish. Above all else, I love feeling WOOD! Yes, not for everyone, but for me, a natural feeling finish is superb. I rarely get a pen turned that merits essentially a hand rubbed oil finish, but when it does, it is special... JMO.

Wonderful Sextet Casey - very impressive.

๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks mate, and agree, the natural feel of timber is amazing. Unfortunately after this photo, 3 of the 5 customers want them high gloss CA. Oh well, what the customer wants they get!!

Top Bottom