A Great Big Thank You All Members

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

Where do I begin? The last few months have been kind of rough around here and this forum has been one of the places I have come just to get fellowship and relax. Its been pen turning and here that I have sought refuge from the things that have happen in the last few months. Let me see if I can explain with out sounding like an idiot! First the LOML was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have a double mastectomy. She had a pretty hard recovery, but never once complained and had to go back for more surgery 6 weeks later as they found that the nodes were suspect and removed more on her left side. At about the same time her back which has been hurting her for the last few years gave out and the Drs. said that with 3 totally detearited disk that they could not do any more for her and that she should walk as little as possible and to think about a wheel chair.Well we got her one of those electric wheel chairs and a Van with a lift so she can get out of the house and it has helped alot. This forum and penturning as I said before has keep me from going off the deep end and I just wanted everone to know that . BTW at this point the Drs. said she is cancer free. Guys and Girls out there in IPA land you are the greatest and after hearing from the Drs. today all is well in this wonderful world of ours . Thanks for letting me ramble just had to say how glad I found this forum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Roy,

You and your Lady have been through an incredible set of experiences of late. To me, what shines through is the devotion you both seem to have for each other. I hope the Lord blesses you with many more years together.

You thank the forum for helping you, but I thank you for reminding us what is important in life. We complain about minor annoyances, not seeing how blessed we are.

Keep your chin up, and thanks for trusting us enough to share with us.

Doghouse

Always remember that there are a few people out there that you can always talk to. And I am sur that if anyone can provide a helping hand in any way they will.

OKLAHOMAN

You know after I wrote that I remembered an old saying my dad told me more that 50 years ago "I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man with no feet". Life is what you make it and with a fighter like my wife life is great!!!!!!!![:D]

JimGo

Roy,
I'm glad that you both were able to keep your spirits up; that's the most important thing. If you let the problems set you back, it just makes things harder. I am glad to hear that the cancer is gone, and wish her many long years of happiness and good health. As for her ack, well, I have three herniated discs in my neck. It can be really painful some days, but if you don' tlet it get to you, there's still a lot you can do. The powered wheelchair sounds great!

I'm glad we could help give you some distractions, too.

kkwall

Hi Roy,

Nice to hear that things are taking a good for the better!

It always amazes me what the human spirit can endure, and the amazing bravery, and strength of will people have.

Best Wishes to you and your wife!
[:)]

PenTurnerJohn

Roy, thanks for sharing with us about your wife and your journey. It's nice we can have friends and a hobby to help ease us through the rough chapters of our life. My prayers are with you both during these days. Enjoy your time together now - you'll never regret that later on as you look back.

John in Olathe KS

Dario

Roy,

I am glad that you feel at ease enough with us to share your thoughts and feelings.

We will be praying for you and your wife. Hope things get better for you both from now on.

mick

Roy,
You and your wife are in our prayers. I feel the same about the folks here. It's like a big extended family! We cry together, laugh together, and even fuss (for the most part) together and at the end of the day we're still friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom