A Gift for the Gentleman who gave me the piece of Southeast Asian Ebony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OZturner

OZturner

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

A Chrome, Polaris Pen, with Southeast Asian Ebony, for the Kind Gentleman who gave it to me several years ago.
The piece of Ebony had been in an earlier life, a leg off an Plant Stand,
Unfortunately there was only one, and I found when turning this Pen that the Leg had been repaired and a piece of some other (red) wood, had been glued, and Stained so it looked like it was sound.
That was until I started to Turn it, and pieces started to come off, with a rather course grain, not at all like the Ebony.
But the Good Gods of Recycle were looking after me, as I ended up turning off, most, if not all of the additional wood.
Finished with Micro Mesh to 12000, three Coats of CA, and Micro Mesh after each coat.
Finally given a coat of Renaissance Wax

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Last edited:

OZturner

Lovely pen, Brian !! . Interesting story !! . Tell us more !! :):wink:

Sorry Mal,
But that is just about the End of the Story, Except as to what I will do, that needs the few remaining pieces.
As to the when, what, and why, it will need just that piece of Wood, Who Knows? But when it does I will post it, with a little of it's History.
Thank You Mal, for your kind words, and continuing Friendship.
Wishing you and yours a Very Happy and Merry Christmas, with Lots of Good Company, Health, Food, and perhaps something special to drink( in moderation).
Regards,
Brian.

Last edited:

OZturner

Lovely pen, Brian !! . Interesting story !! . Tell us more !! :):wink:

Sorry Mal,
But that is just about the End of the Story, Except as to what I will do, that needs the few remaining pieces.
As to the when, what, and why, it will need just that piece of Wood, Who Knows? But when it does I will post it, with a little of it's History.
Thank You Mal, for your kind words, and continuing Friendship.
Wishing you and yours a Very Happy and Merry Christmas, with Lots of Good Company, Health, Food, and perhaps something special to drink in moderation.
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom