A Gentleman's Demonstrator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

While sitting in the shop and trying to think of what to do next...
I had this block of Lucite tortoise allready cut. So fumbling around, one thing led to another and I ended up making a see threw demonstrator pen. Demonstrators in the "pen world" are made by companies ussually in limited quanities as see threw pens. This will be a fun addition to show clients the inards of a pen. :)

Thanks for looking, Happy St Patty's day ! "Don't drink and drive" ;)

200531715836_DSC00309.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Thats really pretty awesome Anthony...great idea, should draw a lot of interest at a show...![:)][:)]

If I ask permission, can I use your idea...[:p][:D]

....and what the heck is Lucite tortoise...??[?]

PenWorks

John, lucite is the material I picked up at the pipe shop. They use it to make the stem of the pipe. It is very transparent, almost like amber. I buffed the inside of the hole.

This photo shows a Delta pen that is highly polished on the inside, the middle one is a Legero I made with the same material, only I painted the tube brown and painted the inside hole green to create a tortoise pattern within the tortoise. It came out okay, but I wasn't jumping up and down over the results. The Wall Street is a tortoise that was not lucite, I made that for myself two years ago, you can see the tube, but it adds to the look of the pen.

2005317153723_DSC00313.jpg

Not they you need my permision [:D] But you can all go out and make demonstrators now [:p]

JimGo

Very nicely done Anthony! I bet they'll really get some attention. That Ligero is really cool, as is the Gentleman's!

PenWorks

Frank, I almost fell out of my chair when I read that [:D] You haven't fancied the green brew today allready, have you [?] [:D]

Don't worry about me Randy, drove to work and driving home, no pit stops here. [:D]

Thanks for the comments. Anthony

Deere41h

Anthony...What a great idea. I like the way you did it without a brass tube. You can see the refill. That is really cool. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom