A few new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ramaroodle

ramaroodle

Working on improving my pen design skills. Included are a segmented pen and one with an aluminum Celtic knot, and a hybrid pen engraved with my sister-in laws name. She is Indian so I put her name in English on one side and in Hindi (thanks to Google translate) on the other. Also an ebony pen with a maple veneer knot.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

George883

Hi. I'm new to pen turning and making pen blanks. This is the 17th pen I've made using Cholla cactus and resin. This also about the 15th blank I've made. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
fullsizeoutput_b5e.jpeg

OZturner

Hi. I'm new to pen turning and making pen blanks. This is the 17th pen I've made using Cholla cactus and resin. This also about the 15th blank I've made. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.View attachment 219746View attachment 219746

Hi George, Thought I should let you know why you mightn't get the responses you probably were expecting.
I don't know if it was by accident, with the new Site Format, that we are all having to Learn, or, Were you just unaware, that Posting in another Persons Thread with a Non Related Subject or Thread, is Considered Poaching, Which is Not Polite and Not the Right Thing to Do.
I would suggest that you Post Your Thread in the Forum "Show Off Your Pens! " and that way everyone will get to see and comment on your Efforts.
By the Way, Your Fly Fishing looks very interesting.
Good Luck,
Brian.

OZturner

Brian, I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that. I'm new to the site and posted in the wrong place.
No Problem, someone telling you is usually the best way to gain knowledge, and if someone doesn't tell us we may never know. I thought that might have been what happened.
By the way, 15 months ago, I had a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) aka a Mini Stroke, it left me fine, except that it has impacted at times, my recall of everyday words, and names. The reason I mention this is that whilst penning the Post I had trouble with a correct word, I used "Poaching", which is not the correct word, it should have been "Hijacking". Which goes to prove the adage "No One is Perfect" me least of all.
I look forward to seeing many of your future Posts.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

ramaroodle

That's funny. Not your TIA. Sorry to hear that. But I thought, "poaching?", ok, I guess that works too. :)

Top Bottom