A couple of cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bugradx2

bugradx2

These are a matched set for a coworker and her aunt. The cigar components and blanks all came from Exotic Blanks

20230503_235631.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bugradx2

May I ask what kind of materials you used to make it shinny? Beautifully done!
Of course!

I typically have my lathe at 650 RPM to dry sand up through 600 with horizontal sanding (lathe off for that) before going to the next grit so I can get rid of circular sanding marks.
The lathe is back on at sanding speed and I use a folded paper towel to put on a couple coats of medium GluBoost and then 5-7 coats of thin GluBoost. After that I put the lathe to 1600 rpm and wet sand with micromesh up to 12,000. Last step is to use Flitz and a cotton cloth to put a serious shine on. The lathe is still at 1600 for that.

My lathe just has a belt and pulleys so I only have a certain amount of speed control. I'm certain people will say my speeds make no sense but it's what I've got and 650 is the slowest I can do for sanding and GluBoost. I think most people say to turn as fast as you can and I think I turn at like 2200? Haven't felt brave enough for the 3200 pulley yet. I'm still new at this

Top Bottom