50th Wedding Anniversary Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanner

Has anyone done a 50th Anniversary pen set gift? Do you have any ideas? My Mom and Dad have their 50th coming up on July 2, I would like to give them a pen set made by me that would reflect this milestone event. It is the golden anniversary. What type of wood, pen kits, box to hold them, etc. I want to make them something nice. I though about a gold nugget or Kruggerand or something like that, however with the cost of gold these days, well you know. Anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

You could do a set of pens in Ti gold. One option, depending on how big your parents' hands are, is one Baron (for your mother), and one Jr. Gent V2 or Gent's. Another option is either a combination of Statesman/Jr. Statesman II's in gold or Emperor/Jr. Emperor in gold. IMHO, and I'm sure others will disagree, the Statesman and Jr. Statesman are just about the classiest kits out there - a little bit of ornamentation to make them stand out from a croud, without screaming for attention like the Emperor. Not that I'm knocking the Emperor - that's what I carry as my "daily driver" pen.

Sorry...If you choose a nice material, like Amboyna Burl or something equally as pretty, you can do a desk set like this one (kudos to Nancy by the way!):

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12995&SearchTerms=amboyna,desk,set

reed43

I will be making a 50th for my nieces in-laws tomorrow. They want the Jr Emperor gold rollerball made from B O W. Will be putting there names on the cap,also there wedding dates from then to now.

Reed

Tanner

I like the idea of having their wedding date and current date engraved on the cap. I am going to go look at the Statesman and Jr. Statesman in the photos section. These ideas are very helpful.

Tanner

Well 187 photos of beautiful pens and I'm still confused. There does not seem to be a lot of gold kits made for the Satesman pens. Most seem to be chrome with gold accents. I really like the amboyna and thuya burls along with the BOW. How would Amboyna burl look with a gold titanium kit?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
If you are looking for gold to be the primary color of the fittings, the Statesman is the wrong kit. It comes in either rhodium with gold accents or Rhodium with black titanium accents. A better choice would be the Baron from www.arizonasilhouette.com

Tanner

Yeah, I just noticed that looking at them at different sites. I still like the Statesman idea as it does have gold in it. Is there a matching pen for the baron that is smaller, yet looks similar? I want to give a matching set that has one larger and one smaller pen. The Emperor and Emperor Jr. do look nice too.

JimGo

Yup, what Lou said. You can make your father's pen out of either the Jr. Gent VII (SLIGHTLY bigger than the Baron, without being unwieldy, and you can get a threaded end finial so you can post the cap) or you can go with the Gentleman's. The clips on all three pens, as well as the center bands, look similar. Craft Supplies recently changed the trim on the cap in the Jr. Gent V2's, and I don't recall how closely it matches the Baron when you're using the Ti gold - you'll want to do a little homework first to make sure the kits look the way you want them to.

reed43

Here is the one for my nieces in-laws. Emperor Jr in olive wood

200662317385_MVC-125S.jpg

Tanner

Wow, that's beautiful. That's what I'll do. I did order an Emperor and Emperor Jr. last night. Now, it's just the blanks to choose. I am leaning towards the olivewood, however the imitation ivory or other lighter colored woods are nice too. Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom