5 minute dremel maintenance went bad.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carlmorrell

I have a very old and very much used Dremel 380-5 rotary tool. Purchased 1985. Decided it was time to replace brushes. Simple right? I went to ebay found some that should fit. Measured them when I got them. Same dimensions and look ALMOST identical. Insert explicative here. For some reason, they stop about 1 mm short of meeting the armature. I noticed the originals have a slight bevel on two corners. For the life of me can not figure what is stopping them. I pushed one in and got intermittent, and realized I need to rethink my plan. Ended up disassembling the tool to get the new and now damaged brush out. I just ordered another set from a different vendor.

But I still have no idea what is wrong and don't want to wait a week and ruin the next set also. Is it possible there is "junk" in the valley for the brush? cu-tip and alcohol? Please don't suggest buying a new tool. thanks,

Charlie_W

I had two dead Dremel units. One from years back and one just a couple years. I check them out, brushes fine ....couldn't get them going.
Upon someone's recommendation, I called Dremel....they told me to send both units to them.
I received two brand new Dremel s in the mail!!! No charge except for mailing them in!
Both new units were an upgrade from the original ones.
cant beat that service.
Give them a call đź“ž

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
They are in Racine, I saw them at the Post Office every night--they mail out a lot of tools that are repaired or replaced--give them a shout!!

Top Bottom