4 ft. LED shop light

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Got the shop light at Harbor Freight today; selling at $29.95 each. Plugged it in and it is bright! Might go back and get a couple more with my birthday money. Number is 64410.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I also have a bunch of the HF, and have installed more for my FIL - very happy with them.
I have gotten the last few from Home Depot (no HF at my FIL's). These are still nice, but no replaceable bulbs - throw aways. My FIL looked at the estimated lifetime for the lights and said "We're good". He is 94.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
They estimate the bulb life at over 20 years--of course this is NOT a guarantee, but for $20-25, probably ok if it dies in 5 years!!

I have installed 20 of them

MRDucks2

For LEDs the lights/LED are not the primary failure mode. It is the circuitry that controls the LEDs. At one time we would have called them a "board" failure but some of them can barely be called boards these day.

As Ed observed, the prices are getting low enough that a 5 year could easily be considered break-even with the combined costs of bulbs, ballasts, brightness issues and electricity of fluorescents.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Doug Geary

Attachments

• 52BA532A-A5CD-4621-AA22-699098B3B00F.jpeg
    52BA532A-A5CD-4621-AA22-699098B3B00F.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 186
I got all my LED's from Costco when they put them on sale for $19.99. I have one mounted over each work station and haven't had any problem with them. They've been installed for over 4 years now. You can daisy chain them if needed.

eharri446

If you sign up for the Harbor Freight coupons, then you can get them for $19.95 from time to time. I have a coupon book that I got in the mail which has them for that price. I bought 3 the last time they were on sale since I am starting to prepare to move my shop up to my farm in Hartwell GA and have a new 12X24 foot shop building. I still need to get another 2 or 3 when the funds are right.

Woodchipper

They are on sale at $19.95 this coming Friday, Saturday, Sunday but no coupons will be honored. Getting at least two more.

leehljp

Member Liaison
The ones I got are. I have 11 in my shop.
Doug, you did something that many people do - that helped - you have your shop painted white or very light gray. The color of the walls and shelves greatly affect the amount of light needed. When I had my overseas shop, it was light gray inside, including the shelves - top and bottom and it really helped the lighting. My home shop now is wood panel and it sure absorbs light, so I have a light panel parallel to others about every 3 feet over my lathes.

I have two of the HF lights and have been very pleasantly surprised at the amount of light for $20.00

TonyL

I can vouch for the ones at Costco. I always wait for them to go a sale. They have a pull chain and can be linked.

Doug Geary

Doug, you did something that many people do - that helped - you have your shop painted white or very light gray. The color of the walls and shelves greatly affect the amount of light needed. When I had my overseas shop, it was light gray inside, including the shelves - top and bottom and it really helped the lighting. My home shop now is wood panel and it sure absorbs light, so I have a light panel parallel to others about every 3 feet over my lathes.

I have two of the HF lights and have been very pleasantly surprised at the amount of light for $20.00
Yes Lee, that was quite intentional. White with one drop of Green dye in the paint, just so you can see the difference between the walls and the ceiling. Makes a huge difference.

MDWine

I got the LED replacements for all of my fluorescent fixtures... no boards or ballast, just take our the old fluorescent and pop in the LED.
I'm converting every light in my house and shop to LED now... I CAN SEE!!

raar25

These are great lights. If anyone is on the fence about them, here is a review I did comparing them. I was particularly impressed with the color temperature which was warmer then standard LED which run at 5500-6500 and make everything look very anemic. They are not daisy chainable but in my case I installed all of the lights before that was a thing so I have plenty of outlets.

Top Bottom