3 sides and the clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alan Morrison

Alan Morrison

Same pattern on 2 sides and changed pattern for third side. All comments welcome. IMG_2686.JPGIMG_2687.JPGIMG_2690.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I like it Alan. That is clean and the segmenting lines up. Not overpowering and too busy. Just right. That maybe the way to go and compromise. When you separate those segments then there is nothing to compare one side to other and that takes the mind away from that. This is better look in my opinion.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This is one to be proud off Alan!
Precise, superb dimensions, and dealing with the thin inlays - very challenging.
Well done.
I love seeing your work.

Be well, Mark

Alan Morrison

I like it Alan. That is clean and the segmenting lines up. Not overpowering and too busy. Just right. That maybe the way to go and compromise. When you separate those segments then there is nothing to compare one side to other and that takes the mind away from that. This is better look in my opinion.
Thanks John, and it's a lot easier to make with contrasting patterns.

mobyturns

Alan, that's one way to approach it! Looks pretty good.

There is always a "solution" if you step back a bit to clear the mind to permit "new" lines of thought.

I discarded the "4 sided" blanks mostly because making "2 sided" pen blanks from inlay banding is an extravagant enough use of the inlay blocks given the work involved in making them from scratch. It's difficult enough to recoup, or get a fair return, on the time involved in making pens as it is without stepping up the complexity of the blanks. Perhaps the simpler "band stripe" blanks may be worth it as "4 siders."

Alan Morrison

Alan, that's one way to approach it! Looks pretty good.

There is always a "solution" if you step back a bit to clear the mind to permit "new" lines of thought.

I discarded the "4 sided" blanks mostly because making "2 sided" pen blanks from inlay banding is an extravagant enough use of the inlay blocks given the work involved in making them from scratch. It's difficult enough to recoup, or get a fair return, on the time involved in making pens as it is without stepping up the complexity of the blanks. Perhaps the simpler "band stripe" blanks may be worth it as "4 siders."
Thanks for your imput, Geoff. I'm sorry, I just saw it today.
I have the luxury of being retired and am not looking to sell pens unless asked. My enjoyment comes from experimenting with different designs and to see if they work, rather than actually putting the finished blank on a pen, unless I am happy with it.
I have been in QLD a few times as my sister lives on the Gold Coast, but never went north as far as Townsville. I lived in Orange NSW for 12 years.

Top Bottom