2nd jig of the day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

This might not be considered a jig, but it will come in handing. It's a way to hold up projects while finish is drying and also can be used to hold painted tubes while they are drying. Bottom of the pieces have a small magnet, that are pretty darn strong. Obviously, they can be moved anywhere on the steel plate. I'll put a piece of newspaper or wax paper on top of the steel when using for easy cleanup.
3AB72470-67CC-44A2-BECA-A8BA169A7858.jpeg
162C46B3-6CDC-46E9-8BEA-C7A98B5FFDA9.jpeg
5155859A-CF6E-4181-95D2-B394CCFA0B25.jpeg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very useful idea !! . I could use a few of those holders.

I would add just one thing ... on the top surface of the large dowel, a somewhat smaller ring, about 1/8" thick to keep the bottom end of a drilled blank elevated off the large dowel just a little bit. . If you are drying blanks, this would keep the lower end of the blank from contacting (and possibly sticking to) the large dowel's upper surface.

KenB259

Very useful idea !! . I could use a few of those holders.

I would add just one thing ... on the top surface of the large dowel, a somewhat smaller ring, about 1/8" thick to keep the bottom end of a drilled blank elevated off the large dowel just a little bit. . If you are drying blanks, this would keep the lower end of the blank from contacting (and possibly sticking to) the large dowel's upper surface.
Good idea and easily added. The main purpose of this for me though is flat work.

Top Bottom